Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Studying Horticulture in the Highlands?

Default Studying Horticulture in the Highlands?

hello,

I'm currently coming to the end of the RHS Level 2 qualification and was thinking about taking the Advanced course but as we are not sure when we will be moving to Caithness (hopefully sooner rather than later!!) I do not want to start the course down here.

Distance Learning is an option but it means that you dont get to meet all the people you do when you attend a college.

Does anyone know of any horticultural colleges or even colleges that have these courses in the Highlands?

Thanks in advance!!

Victoria
    ***Om Mani Padme Hum***

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    hello,

I'm currently coming to the end of the RHS Level 2 qualification and was thinking about taking the Advanced course but as we are not sure when we will be moving to Caithness (hopefully sooner rather than later!!) I do not want to start the course down here.

Distance Learning is an option but it means that you dont get to meet all the people you do when you attend a college.

Does anyone know of any horticultural colleges or even colleges that have these courses in the Highlands?

Thanks in advance!!

Victoria
    Sadly, there aren't any in Caithness that teach these courses.

No sdaly there ain't. Could you not get a placement that might let you at least do the practical side and do the distance learning. Try some of the estates and castles and such like.

Thats a good idea. i wil look into it.
    ***Om Mani Padme Hum***

I'll pm you tommorrow.