Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Jack family

Default Jack family

Looking for info on Jack family of Dunnet. My g-ggrandfather Sinclair Jack married Isabella Manson. They had ten children William,Jacobina,Donald, John,Elizabeth, Isabella,Alexander, Jane, Jessie and Sutherland. My wife and I are visiting Thurso and area in May and would like to find the home they grew up in called Jack's Cottage. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks,
    Bruce MacMillan

Default Jack Family

Hi i
    My name is Donald MacDonald i live in Barrock about 3 miles from Dunnet
    I was asking to-day about Jack's House and i think i know where it is
    but i am going to ask a 91year old man.hope this reaches you before you leave for scotland.
    donald

Default jack's cottage

thanks for your reply Donald. I'm in London now and have found internet access to reply to my emails. If you find out anything please let me know as I will be in Thurso in about 10 days.

thanks,
    Bruce

Default Re: jack's cottage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce MacMillan
    thanks for your reply Donald. I'm in London now and have found internet access to reply to my emails. If you find out anything please let me know as I will be in Thurso in about 10 days.

thanks,
    Bruce
    Thank you for getting in touch I had made a few inquiries about the jack's houseit is still inhabited will make more enquiries now that you have responded to my e-mail,when you arrive in Thorso give me a ring on 01847 851264
    Donald

Default Re: jack's cottage

Quote Originally Posted by Donald W MacDonald
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce MacMillan

thanks,
    Bruce
    Thank you for getting in touch I had made a few inquiries about the jack's houseit is still inhabited will make more enquiries now that you have responded to my e-mail,when you arrive in Thorso give me a ring on 01847 851264
    Donald
    Good news Bruce,I have eyeballed your ancestal cottage but have had no contact with present occupiers.Hope to hear from you soon
    Donald