Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yodel... Again!!!!

Do you know I had a huge response written for this but I deleted it the minute I opened your pm to me weeker 2010.

I have no intentions of coming to your door for any kind of 'debate' with you in person and although you did address me as a 'lady the verb in front instructing me to 'listen 'as in the sentence began Listen Lady gave me the impression as do your posts that you are a slightly agitated possibly aggressive person maybe Im wrong in my impression but hey we all have oppinions!

I am not taking away the genuine reasons for complaints against firms however I was having a slight go at your version of events. End off. The driver made a genuine error and from what I am led to believe HE himself then still delivered said item to your door.

Thought you were discussing asco delivery!! well since euan left our patch weve had a tall chap an he does a good enough job,not the same as euan mind that lad a one off. parcels on time so cant complain an on the odd occasion weve met him is pleasant an friendly,from what i gather asco have just started doing parcel delivery up in caithness so give em a chance to prove themselves,but however think it was a low blow in my eyes them trying to get a thread removed on the basis that it was negative to them. An thrumster parking is good enough simple.

I can see where the company are coming from in their attempts to have the thread removed as many local firms have done the exact same thing with negative threads on the org and have had them successfully removed. The main issue is the inability to verify fact from fiction. In most cases its fact however there may be the odd statement which may not be the truth. Hard one to call. Most of us can sit anonymously typing away what our thoughts are with no repercussions. Time will tell with Asco as with any other delivery firm if they can live up to expectations. As for the parking in Thrumster yes its good enough but with everything else room for improvement and the odd one can give a bad name to the rest.

If anyone in Thrumster should have randomly received 2 parcels through Yodel yesterday which was meant to be delivered to someone else, I would be grateful if you could drop me a PM. As they are showing as delivered but no info of name or who signed for them I am at a loss as to whether they have indeed been delivered at all, or as Amazon and Yodel think, they indeed havent. As I appear to get lambasted for making any comment about poor service I shall simply refrain and see if anyone can help to locate them. Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weeker2014 View Post
    If anyone in Thrumster should have randomly received 2 parcels through Yodel yesterday which was meant to be delivered to someone else, I would be grateful if you could drop me a PM. As they are showing as delivered but no info of name or who signed for them I am at a loss as to whether they have indeed been delivered at all, or as Amazon and Yodel think, they indeed havent. As I appear to get lambasted for making any comment about poor service I shall simply refrain and see if anyone can help to locate them. Many Thanks
    Is no-one spotting the obvious here - people don't like going near your house.

Quote Originally Posted by weelassagee View Post
    Is no-one spotting the obvious here - people don't like going near your house.
    And that Weelassagee is called trolling!!!

And that Weelassagee is called trolling!!!
    Yodel obviously had trouble delivering your sense of humour too then.

Yodel obviously had trouble delivering your sense of humour too then.
    nah he lost that himself ages ago

As you have already stated there is no information on the delivery then I would assume you cannot even tell if they were indeed delivered to someone in Thrumster.
    It wasnt the comment about poor service I was particularly having a go at it was the dramatisation of the story that I found hard to digest. As the saying goes there are two sides to every story and the other side which is being stated locally didnt quite add up to yours. Poor service should indeed be highlighted but appropriately. Good luck in finding your parcels.

This is one of the reasons I prefer to shop local.

Quote Originally Posted by DIM1 View Post
    This is one of the reasons I prefer to shop local.
    I'm not sure that there is a local stockist for these items in the plain brown wrappers.

I'm not sure that there is a local stockist for these items in the plain brown wrappers.
    Wind your neck in thats a low blow well below the belt. If you have become a member just to troll stir the pot and wind folk up then crack on whoever you are you wont last long. Have a laugh have a joke poke the other person for a response if you must but dont insinuate muck like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Wind your neck in thats a low blow well below the belt. If you have become a member just to troll stir the pot and wind folk up then crack on whoever you are you wont last long. Have a laugh have a joke poke the other person for a response if you must but dont insinuate muck like that.
    What on earth do you get in a plain brown wrapper then ? I was alluding to the annual parcel I get from elder mother at Christmas.

I was alluding to the annual parcel I get from elder mother at Christmas.
    How many mothers do you have?

If you have an elder mother then that implies that you must have at least one younger mother...
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    How many mothers do you have?

If you have an elder mother then that implies that you must have at least one younger mother...
    I'm a Born Again Christian

Thank you Alice

An update. Original parcels still not located but AJG have kindly delivered the items again from Amazon on behalf of DPD and on one day delivery which is pretty impressive for the north Highlands.

And on another positive, Amazon is the best customer service I have encountered in a long time, so 10/10.

As you have already stated there is no information on the delivery then I would assume you cannot even tell if they were indeed delivered to someone in Thrumster. It wasnt the comment about poor service I was particularly having a go at it was the dramatisation of the story that I found hard to digest. As the saying goes there are two sides to every story and the other side which is being stated locally didnt quite add up to yours. Poor service should indeed be highlighted but appropriately. Good luck in finding your parcels.
    No your right there is no signature of name for delivery, and it wasnt an accusation against anyone, however it was worth a try given previous delivery to the wrong address, to avoid re-ordering and inevitably a claim against the delivery company for missing parcels which was tech and not cheap for them to pay for with such a claim by Amazon.

I'm sure the nice lady in the sexually orientated items shop "Secrets" in Dempster st, Wick, will lovingly package anything you purchase in a plain brown wrapper to save you any embarrassment when leaving the shop. However, had you actually bothered to shop locally then you would have known yourself that the shop is there

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast