Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yodel... Again!!!!

Thumbs down Yodel... Again!!!!

And so this excuse for a company continue to deliver, or in my case, not deliver parcels.

Expensive electrical equipment ordered from Asda on pre-order. Due to be delivered on Tuesday.. No sign. Wednesday apparantly on the tracking.. Still nothing. Check tracking again.. delivered at 19.47 on wednesday.. HA..
    What makes it worse is that my work colleague was also waiting on the same expensive electrical appliance from Asda. Guess what? He had exactly the same outcome as me. Not delivered but tracking states it was. This required a signature as well.
    Who delivers for YODEL in caithness? is it Yodel themselves or a sub-contractor?

It is now Friday and after 12 phone calls to asda between us, we are still none the wiser as to what has happened. Apart from something along the lines of the handheld terminal losing data...likely story. Won't be ordering anything from them again.
    I love it when a plan comes together!!

Can't help you in any way, I can only sympathize. They do not "deliver" like they should and I personally would never use them anymore. Not worth the stress and frustration that they some how seem to create.

Last Yodel parcel I had was delivered by ParcelinQ and our orger friend Euan the driver. ASCO have taken over ParcelinQ inCaithness, but not sure if they have the yodel contract or not.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

According to their own T&C's Yodel can leave a Package in what They consider a safe place and then the Driver can sign to say it has been delivered.

The Last Parcel I had delivered by Yodel was delivered at 07.42 hrs. Since we were still in bed we did not know. The first we knew about it was late Afternoon when Mrs Kodiak found a small pirece of Paper and written on it was "Left in BIN".

She looked in our Wheelie BIN and there was the Parcel. So I would suggest that you should look around your house for so called safe places where Yodel could leave a Parcel, especially in the BIN.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I have been waiting for two days for an exhaust to be delivered by yodel.
    Their tracking service does not recognize the number given to me from exhaust supplier.
    Will be in contact with them again next week.

A replacement is being sent.. probably by yodel again...not sure what is happening with my work colleagues enquiry but I seem to have got a partial resolution. will be interesting to see if this one is delivered. A nice wee letter to asda ceo will be on its way soon.
    I love it when a plan comes together!!

I had problems with yodel last week. Tracked my parcel and it said it had been delivered on Wednesday. There was no sign of it and after complaining it eventually turned up on Saturday. Their customer service is a joke, companies would be far better sticking with Royal Mail.

Why leave a parcel in a bin? Hermes did this one December and put it in the blue bin which was due for recycling collection. The company replaced the goods, but the point I tried to make was why put it in such a stupid place to start with. The bins are so deep i would never have got it back out again even if i had known it was there!

It seems that yodel only deliver when they have a lot of items, as I got my exhaust today.
    The driver said that he had made a lot of deliveries this morning in Caithness.

I had a delivery today that was 4 days late and the driver said he has been in Switzerland on a training course.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

On the subject of delivery! I received a text message saying my parcel will be delivered on Saturday morning within next 48 hours. The tracking description has since said "out for delivery" since Saturday am. It is now Wednesday pm and no sign. How can a parcel be out for delivery for 5 days? This is Hermes? Isn't this also the same person as Yodel? Does anyone know how to get in contact?

Tracked my Yodel delivery.... arrived Inverness depot at 16:09 yesterday, ... out for delivery at 06:58 this morning.... Delivered to my door at 14:00 this afternoon. Can't fault that!

AJG parcels delivered to me yesterday on behalf of "another courier" a parcel which was due for delivery this Friday. That is above and beyond the call of duty. Well done AJG.

I agree- AJG are fantastic up here. The man that does it is very friendly and helpful.

Text sent on 15th at 12.23 to say parcel on way (with Tracker no) ........Tracked my Yodel delivery.... arrived Inverness depot at 14:43 yesterday, ...delivered this afternoon.... showing on their tracker system as still in Inverness.

Well just the other day hubby said to me he could of sworn he saw euan delivering to neighbouring croft,he was right,hes working for a firm called arco or asco something like that,if hes delivering anyhink you can be sure of a good job. may even dust of our catalogue not used in 6 years since that silly firm took him off this area,never ordered anything since.

I have been having chronic issues with yodel deliveries as well as other items coming through ASCO. A prime example is an office chair I had delivered a week ago. Not only was it 10 days late (was showing out for delivery for 10) but it was delivered at 9.30pm to number 7 in the street and not me at number 4, the address was clear on the parcel and we all have numbers on our doors. I live in Thrumster and if it hadnt been for my honest neighbour I would have never received my chair. Ever since Yodel moved from AJG to ASCO it has been horrendous. They do not even have tracking systems and when you do eventually get a package you are signing an old fashioned piece of paper! Yodel change back to AJG it was a world of difference!!!

ASCO have been in touch and their statment is as follows -

1.’ Ever since Yodel moved from AJG to ASCO it has been horrendous’ . Fact : ASCO do not deal direct with Yodel. We are an agent for Parcelinq who act for Yodel. We receive nightly deliveries via Parcelinq from Amazon, Tuffnells. Yodel, DHL among others which we deliver the following day.
    2. ‘Item was showing out for delivery for 10’ Fact : When we receive parcels they are all delivered on day of request—unless customer not in and unable to leave with neighbour or in a safe place. It is then carded and returned.
    3.’They do not have a tracking system. Fact: All parcels are tracked and the exact time delivered is recorded.
    4.’ You are signing an old fashioned piece of paper’ Fact : all deliveries we do for Parcelinq are scanned by drivers and there is no paperwork apart from DHL. As this person is complaining about Yodel then again a false statement.

I fundementally beg to differ. I notice they failed to contact me or explain why my parcel was delivered at 9.30pm and to the wrong address. It is also unacceptavle for Bill Fernie to be posting on their behalf. If they want to comment as clearly they were avle to read the should sign up like everyone else. This is a VERY poor show from the Org!!!

Well I thought it would be helpful to see their response rather than not.

They also requested I remove the thread but as you can see I have left it to be debated.

I agree they can sign up and comment if they wish.

Have you taken up the matter with their senior management.

I have no way of knowing which points are correct one way or the other.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast