Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: 10 Rillington Place

Default 10 Rillington Place

Firstly, many thanks for your speedy response with links, Kevin. Yes, I do remember the Jack the Stripper post you featured and I must say, I found it extremely interesting. I searched and found the full tv programme that Neil appeared in. Fred Dineage is a Portsmouth treasure and none of us would miss his evening local news slot. I've watched the whole episode dedicated to Harold Jones, but somehow, I thought Neil also had a connection to the Christie story. I was obviously wrong! I've ordered, 'Every Mother's Nightmare,' which I'm looking forward to reading. It won't be the one advertised on Amazon for £2,499, that's for sure.

Like you, 10 Rillington Place is one of my favourite films of all times and I thought Richard Attenborough was brilliant playing Christie. I lived in London at the time and visited the street, which was renamed and demolished just afterwards. Many decades later, I met with another antique dealer and we hit it off immediately. Over the course of the weekend, she told us that her mother was one of Christie's victims. I believe her name was Mary and in photographs I've seen, Maggie was very like her to look at. Her story was fascinating, but as I remembered the wrong crime I'll go no further.

Good luck to Neil and his next book. Keep us posted Kevin and thanks once again.

I think the link between the 10 Rillington Place and http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...cD_GU-8lC0fZyQ
    came about as a result of Neil's suggestion that Harold Jones moved to London when he came out of prison and he could have been influenced by the 10 Rillington Place and the Acid Bath murders. He was considered to be a psychopath as a child and that is something that would not go away in later life. His sixteen years research for his first book threw up a lot of evidence to suggest he went on to become Jack the Stripper.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Yes, that would add up Kevin. Murderers tend to be drawn to each other and that was certainly the case with Christie whose ambition was to murder more women then Hague. Isn't incredible that Jones, having murdered two young girls, ever saw the light of day again and was freed to walk the streets, a free man. When I trained as a nurse years ago, we were taught that psychopathy was incurable and it's hard to believe that Jones would have lost his lust for blood. I'll take another look at Neil's evidence in his book, that leads him to believe he went on to become Jack. It was certainly a compelling argument in the programme.