Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Should Scotland be an independent country?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

50 38.46%
  • Yes

80 61.54%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: New Referendum Poll - How does it look now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid stunt View Post
    Still no reply to post 85 you were to busy doing other things but have managed quite a few post since then
    I have, haven't i. I don't actually have to work to your schedule, to do a proper reply takes time, I'm chilling here listening to music and drinking tea. Bit of cooking going on. Chilling. I'll get round to post 85 when I'm ready. It's likely to be after the kids have gone to bed. It might be tomorrow but I'll get round to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Here we go, is there no end to your patronising.. John Curtice is an acknowledged expert in political polling, Prof of Politics at Strathclyde....but what does he know !!
    He knows lots of things Rob. I wasn't commenting on his intellectual ability, he is a very clever man. I just observed that seems to be his job just now that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    And for anyone reading that, the other side of the story can be found here
    That's the one, though not really the 'other side' of the story, just Colin Manson being forced by Bill to issue an apology for his and your's and others' despicable actions.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    indeed but the numbers voted are substantially less than the previous poll
    How long has this poll been running? How long was the other poll running?Of course there is also the matter of the many no voters who were banned from the site, they would fairly bump the numbers up.All 5 of them.Panic.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Or are we talking desperation?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

So quite obviously you're an old Orger under a new guise (not that that was really under any doubt tbh) if you remember that I was a mod, however your information is WAY out of date as I haven't been a mod for many years , therefore I have no idea what rules they currently operate under. bobinovich. Incorrect I read it on the not org..

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Incorrect I read it on the not org..
    On the what Org ??

Do you mean this Org where Squidge has been busy posting ?:
    http://bit.ly/1qAiVQg

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    indeed but the numbers voted are substantially less than the previous poll
    I don't know...maybe because some us who voted on the previous poll aren't allowed to vote again on this one? I tried and failed. Maybe because some Caithness voters don't want to declare their intentions before entering the polling station? Maybe because some of us have an actual life outside online forums and, if not, can find better sites than this to air their political views?
    I only wish somebody on here from the No side would give a coherent and positive argument for staying with the union, but I have never seen a single positive to support the status quo in this whole debate on here, or anywhere else.
    I think I saw somewhere on here that Squidge was asking for Better Togethers to put forward a speaker at the Portgower independence meeting today to put forward the No side. Did any of you vociferous No supporters volunteer your services?
    Last edited by Humerous Vegetable; 08-Sep-14 at 17:37.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

As I am new to this website I would like to offer some opinion. I have never been a member of Caithness.org prior to signing up but have been asked what my other screen name is already, this may be common practice on this org I honestly do not know. I have found that the inability of some posters to allow the discussion on the topic of Independence to take place freely and fairly quite incredible.
    I can appreciate that the debate can raise passions but to be accused of being a fascist, nazi or member of the Bnp buy a member of the org I found distinctly unsavoury.
    It would appear from another org from Caithness the that the same member who is throwing around these unsavoury comments has already caused a number of people to be banned from this org due to making claims against them which are from what ive read baseless lies and complete fabrications.
    Now to hear about this is one thing but to be able to read the posts from yesterday and then see that self same poster on here espousing desires to be a politicians and wanting a free and fair society whilst on another org revelling in her ability to use a former postion as moderator on this site to get people banned is quite hypocritcal.
    Im not sure how or why this person has become the spokesperson for the yes campaign in Caithness whether it is in an official position but I find the posts from the other org worrying in that she openly admits getting innocent people banned and seems to revel in that.

Is this the kind of society we really want to live in where people with political motivations are prepared to do and say anything to get power.
    It isnt the first time in History that such actions have been undertaken by a certain type of person but i urge you to read the posts under her own name on the other org and make up your minds.
    If the people who run this site or moderators condone and accept these type of actions then there is something very wrong with Caithness.Org and the political process with Scotland I agree that politics should be passionate and it is very easy to get worked up, but to actively seek to undermine peoples democratic right to free speech is something we should all frown upon regardless of which side of the debate we come from.
    I hope that the owners of this site will investigate this person and take the appropriate actions to ensure that regardless of the outcome of the Referendum deceit and duplicity are not how it is remembered and that Caithness.Orgs reputation isn't further tarnished by the actions of one person.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 08-Sep-14 at 17:43.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    I hope that the owners of this site will investigate this person
    Highly unlikely given that Squidge is part of the clique.

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Here we go, is there no end to your patronising.. John Curtice is an acknowledged expert in political polling, Prof of Politics at Strathclyde....but what does he know !!
    Yes, I remember John Curtice saying that the First Minister had won the second TV debate but it was unlikely to result in a significant shift in the polls. He might one day live to eat those words.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Quote Originally Posted by budgeJ View Post
    Highly unlikely given that Squidge is part of the clique.
    Given that the named poster has to all intents and purposes posted a full and frank confession of her actions on the other org I would find it very difficult for the people who run this org to not to react to such incriminating evidence and admitted to using that org here. It is sad when one person seeks to pervert what should be a free debate on Independence for their own political ends.

Given that the named poster has to all intents and purposes posted a full and frank confession of her actions on the other org I would find it very difficult for the people who run this org to not to react to such incriminating evidence and admitted to using that org here. It is sad when one person seeks to pervert what should be a free debate on Independence for their own political ends.
    For goodness sake better together how naive are you?Just a couple of weeks back there was a direct threat made to bomb 10 downing st on here and the big brush swept it under the carpet with no repercussions.
    W.A.T.P.

Just popped in, my God has there been a massacre of the Unionists!

Previous thread: Yes: 161. No: 183.
    Quote from Mi16:
    "With the recent political cleansing that has been carried out on here, I would expect a new poll to be a resounding yes,"
    New Thread: yes 79. No 49
    Very prophetic Mi16!
    Obviously now with the 'Nays' wiped out, it gives Squidge (being a Moderator) a perfect opportunity to continue unopposed, but as they say, it ain't over till the fat lady sings!

P.S. That's a BIG sign you've got there Rheghead! (Thought Green would have been a better colour)
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by Humerous Vegetable View Post
    I don't know...maybe because some us who voted on the previous poll aren't allowed to vote again on this one? I tried and failed. Maybe because some Caithness voters don't want to declare their intentions before entering the polling station? Maybe because some of us have an actual life outside online forums and, if not, can find better sites than this to air their political views? I only wish somebody on here from the No side would give a coherent and positive argument for staying with the union, but I have never seen a single positive to support the status quo in this whole debate on here, or anywhere else.I think I saw somewhere on here that Squidge was asking for Better Togethers to put forward a speaker at the Portgower independence meeting today to put forward the No side. Did any of you vociferous No supporters volunteer your services?
    Vote YES then, what do you care for coherent and positive argument, you've made up your mind

As I am new to this website

I would like to offer some opinion. I have never been a member of Caithness.org prior to signing up but have been asked what my other screen name is already, this may be common practice on this org I honestly do not know. I have found that the inability of some posters to allow the discussion on the topic of Independence to take place freely and fairly quite incredible.
    I can appreciate that the debate can raise passions but to be accused of being a fascist, nazi or member of the Bnp buy a member of the org I found distinctly unsavoury.
    Are you suggesting that I called you those things? Here is the post to which you have taken such exception with the text highlighted so that you and anyone else can read it.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    If the vote is YES then I will absolutely do what you suggest and out my money where my mouth is. I do that already and I will continue to do so. You know what Better Together I might even go one step further and put my entire financial security where my mouth is because i might just stand for the parliament where i can be judged on my successes and failures by the electorate. I have always said that I would not do that. That im not thick skinned enough but you know what - maybe i am. You and your ilk have spent the last 2 years insulting me and people like me, you have sneered and suggested that we are naive and ignorant and stupid and fascists and nazis and as bad as Britain First and out for ourselves and lazy and thugs and on and on it goes. Maybe im more thick skinned than i thought. That isnt something i can guarantee though because i would need to be elected. Because you see Better Together, what your campaign has missed out completely is that the YES campaign is based on Scotland itself having the power to make Scotland fairer and better for all the people that live here. Even you.
    Now I am sure that you will apologise for the mistake you made in suggesting that I have called you such names, when as you can see here I did not do so.

As for the rest of your post I dont even know what to say as it such a distortion of the truth. You are right - the posts are there for all to see and I hope people have a look. Unless you are my mother, father, husband or children then to be frank I dont care what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Just popped in, my God has there been a massacre of the Unionists!

Previous thread: Yes: 161. No: 183.
    Quote from Mi16:
    "With the recent political cleansing that has been carried out on here, I would expect a new poll to be a resounding yes,"
    New Thread: yes 79. No 49
    Very prophetic Mi16!
    Obviously now with the 'Nays' wiped out, it gives Squidge (being a Moderator) a perfect opportunity to continue unopposed, but as they say, it ain't over till the fat lady sings!

P.S. That's a BIG sign you've got there Rheghead! (Thought Green would have been a better colour)
    Beks i havent been a moderator for years and you know what.... I AM the fat lady lol and im not singing yet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    I AM the fat lady lol and im not singing yet!!!
    how self important!!!
    W.A.T.P.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678