Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Should Scotland be an independent country?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

50 38.46%
  • Yes

80 61.54%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Referendum Poll - How does it look now?

I have it on good authority that 5 individuals have been banned from this site recently.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

5 banned but I'm not sure how many were No voters.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    So why has Scotland returned an SNP-led government through proportional representation?
    That is what I have just said SNP are in power but very cleverly they blame at Westmister yet they have had almost 10 years to make good and people seem to think they have not other wise people would not moan about Scotland and how it has gone. However blame Alex Salmond he leads us to beleive it is the Westminster at fault in spite of the SNP having power to raise tax and run NHS. They pledged they would keep the boat yards going now the only one left has sunk funny thing has any one notice you do not see about that on the TV much not good image for SNP for yes vote.

Default No Better Together

In an effort to get a balance of opinions, I ended coming across a site with the banner:

No Better Together

The support for a No vote seems to be haemorrhaging at an alarming rate as more people see the benefits of independence and the scaremongering and fibs of the No campaign get exposed for what they are.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/...s-yes-support/
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    The support for a No vote seems to be haemorrhaging at an alarming rate as more people see the benefits of independence and the scaremongering and fibs of the No campaign get exposed for what they are.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/...s-yes-support/
    So why is there not another country like Norway or any other country that SNP points out has free Health service like our one Fact they can not make it pay for unless tax payers are made to pay more.

The support for a No vote seems to be haemorrhaging at an alarming rate as more people see the benefits of independence and the scaremongering and fibs of the No campaign get exposed for what they are.http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/...s-yes-support/
    Ah rheghead, I've just worked out who you really are ...... You are non other than the reincarnation of ww2 Lord HawHaw.................... crackle crackle "Today Allied troops have suffered heavy losses" crackle crackle "independence is imminent" crackle crackle.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 06-Sep-14 at 19:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ah rheghead, I've just worked out who you really are ...... You are non other than the reincarnation of ww2 Lord HawHaw.................... crackle crackle "Today Allied troops have suffered heavy losses" crackle crackle "independence is imminent" crackle crackle.
    Good to see we can all keep a sense of humour.

If the result of the referendum is a no vote I will be mildly disappointed. If it's a yes vote i'll be delighted but apprehensive. It wont be easy to transform to an independant country. If it's a no vote not much will change although I suspect some more powers will be devolved from Westminster to the Scottish parliament. Its a good little system and I can understand the unionist position. Its a nice little comforter in a universal sense.
    I think sooner or later Scotland will become an independant country. Even without oil. We have to proper in Scotland or perish. Another 100 years or so and depending on there being a world to live in the Scottish people will chance it. It's what countries do. They govern themselves. Maybe the time has come. It would be interesting times in Scotland and Westminster if it's a yes vote.

Skynews is openly declaring that the Yes campaign is ahead in the polls 51% Yes 49% No.

It is happening folks.

http://news.sky.com/story/1331427/sc...ign-takes-lead
    Last edited by Rheghead; 06-Sep-14 at 23:06.

Skynews is openly declaring that the Yes campaign is ahead in the polls 51% Yes 49% No.It is happening folks.http://news.sky.com/story/1331427/sc...ign-takes-lead
    Oh well, if sky news are declaring 51% - 49% in favour of YES vote, then not much point in proceding with the rest of the referendum then. Sky news and rheghead bring you the all new independent Scotland.

Out of respect to Tubthumper I've voted "No" on this poll. That is my true feeling towards the Referendum and that will be my vote on 18th September.

Mibbies Aye
    Mibbies Naw
    Which way do you wanta go?

Whatever the result, I will never forget how personal and divisive this whole process has been and that's a fact. I hope a resounding NO result will be announced on 19th September.

Moira... I am sorry that you feel it's been divisive. I have found being involved I. This campaign, empowering, optimistic and hopeful. People are campaigning to make things better for all of us and the excitement is palpable.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Moira... I am sorry that you feel it's been divisive. I have found being involved I. This campaign, empowering, optimistic and hopeful. People are campaigning to make things better for all of us and the excitement is palpable.
    If people really feel Scotland is not doing so well now with devloution then why would it be any better with indpenedence. With all this wealth that Scotland meant to have then why has it not worked now with SNP in power. Do not forget if yes vote wins then it will be the SNP in power who will be negotiation with pound and others like EU. They can not deal with boat yard in Scotland to keep that alive let alone keeping pound and dealing with EU.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    I echo your sentiments here. For the first time in Scotland's history there has been a groundswell of interest in politics, it has got most people tuned into thinking about what is best for themselves and for their country. Quite frankly, a No vote will take us back to widespread apathy and chronic disempowerment.

This popular interest in Scotland is precious but at the same time it is fragile, we should nurture it and keep it going by voting Yes.

Seemingly the Better Together are in meltdown following the recent collapse of their support in the polls. I see rumours that they will try to do a 11th hour deal towards a federalised UK to save their campaign. But I have read that would be against the rules of purdah.

One thing is certain though, a Yes vote for independence will give us 100% powers to Scotland. Gulp, what a responsibity, are you ready for it? A feint heart an all that!

Thumbs up

Last edited by Alrock; 07-Sep-14 at 15:00.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Seemingly the Better Together are in meltdown following the recent collapse of their support in the polls. I see rumours that they will try to do a 11th hour deal towards a federalised UK to save their campaign. But I have read that would be against the rules of purdah.

One thing is certain though, a Yes vote for independence will give us 100% powers to Scotland. Gulp, what a responsibity, are you ready for it? A feint heart an all that!
    Are you ready for your tax to go up and no longer have £1 then as you say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Are you ready for your tax to go up and no longer have £1 then as you say go for it.
    How come? On Day 1 of independence and sharing the £, we will not be paying for Trident, House of Lords and the pay, privileges and perks of 59 Westminster MPs.

With that amount of savings we can either increase public spending, give tax breaks or pay off more of our share of the national debt.

Let's be real ,the Westminster Government will never let the YES side win . They have far to much to lose, they'll pull every dirty trick in the book an more to keep the Scots in their place . So let's all learn to live with the chains we were born with.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast