Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Should Scotland be an independent country?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

50 38.46%
  • Yes

80 61.54%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Referendum Poll - How does it look now?

All done & voted at this end..definite YES..all round

Now I'm going to be away for a few days. I don't want to hear about any bickering or scrapping while I'm gone. Be nice to each other and play bonny. OK?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

I've voted NO in this poll but must admit I'm more undecided at the moment...was staunchly NO at the beginning but now wondering if it would be better as an independent country....will keep on trying to read unbiased reports about it and make my mind up when faced with the bit of paper before me....heart or head?

There is an (supposedly) unbiased ebook compiled by Sir Tom Hunter on www.scotlandseptember18.com
    I have not had chance to read I yet, but deffo will.
    W.A.T.P.

Heres another exceptional read for any undecided voter.

http://theweebluebook.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Even Chance View Post
    Heres another exceptional read for any undecided voter.

http://theweebluebook.com/
    perhaps not so impartial though
    W.A.T.P.

Come along to the cafe events happening tomorrow. 10am PPP cafe at Wick and 2 pm Pentland Hotel. No guest speakers just a quick hello, then talk to other people and ask questions about independence. Yes, no, undecided are all welcome

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Come along to the cafe events happening tomorrow. 10am PPP cafe at Wick and 2 pm Pentland Hotel. No guest speakers just a quick hello, then talk to other people and ask questions about independence. Yes, no, undecided are all welcome
    wish I could but working tomorrow so won't be able to

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    I think I have paint I need to watch drying
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not really true as I know a few Yes voters that have switched to No side now, mainly due to the arrogance of Mr Salmond,
    SNIP
    Don't forget to vote now.
    When, oh when are people going to grow up and realise this is not about Salmond or the SNP, IT'S ABOUT SCOTLAND!

Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    When, oh when are people going to grow up and realise this is not about Salmond or the SNP, IT'S ABOUT SCOTLAND!
    give it another month or so
    W.A.T.P.

'Blossom' by Lesley Riddoch is an inspiring read. It leans towards Yes but it totally lacks any SNP/nationalist propaganda. It is available on kindle
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Grown up or not these 'people' are still voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Grown up or not these 'people' are still voters.
    Was it not the fat man that got the non grown ups to vote in the referendum.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Was it not the fat man that got the non grown ups to vote in the referendum.
    Are you referring to the same non-grown ups whom the Labour party and Libdems have a policy to also be given the vote? If that is the case then it is pretty shallow of them to oppose them having a say in indyref.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Are you referring to the same non-grown ups whom the Labour party and Libdems have a policy to also be given the vote? If that is the case then it is pretty shallow of them to oppose them having a say in indyref.
    Surely they're not going to give the vote to Labour and Libdem supporters, whatever next, tut tut.

That is rubbish it is all about the SNP going in to history books like Tony Blair who does not give a damn what happens why should they if it all goes wrong they will just blame someone like Tories fault I really love the part they say if you vote yes you will never need to vote for Tories again. You can do that now with devolution that is why we got the SNP in Scotland and why people are not happy with way Scotland has been run.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    That is rubbish it is all about the SNP going in to history books like Tony Blair who does not give a damn what happens why should they if it all goes wrong they will just blame someone like Tories fault I really love the part they say if you vote yes you will never need to vote for Tories again. You can do that now with devolution that is why we got the SNP in Scotland and why people are not happy with way Scotland has been run.
    Well said scout. It is most definately Alex Salmonds baby, he has been spouting waffle about independence since the 70's, I honestly think if Scotland wanted independence there would be a better chance without him heading it up. Or better still if the referendum question was asked to the whole UK, I think it would be a landslide yes.

So why has Scotland returned an SNP-led government through proportional representation?

I cant help but feel that the YES vote will not win the vote.
    The No campaign will lose it.
    Whilst I am against the breakup of the UK I feel the No campaign has been totally unconvincing.
    Mind you the jam tomorrow of the YES campaign leaves me cold.
    I have not seen any form of credible business plan for Scotland PLC.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast