Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Results 1 to 20 of 67

Thread: What's with all the boy racers with backfiring cars?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default What's with all the boy racers with backfiring cars?

    I've noticed a huge surge in these anti-social plebs in Wick who have had their cars modified to backfire on gear change. It happens at all hours of the night. Do they think it sounds good and do they not realise/care that it's obnoxious and useless other than to draw attention to their otherwise mediocre cars?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    wick
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    what about keeping people and babies awake at night.

    round and around like scalextrix cars all night same few cars too.

    was talking to a couple of the bnb owners in the town the other night

    the guests are really complaining about them.
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    what about keeping people and babies awake at night.

    round and around like scalextrix cars all night same few cars too.

    was talking to a couple of the bnb owners in the town the other night

    the guests are really complaining about them.
    Absolutely, and I don't doubt it. It must be bad for business and with them doing in excess of 40MPH routinely, it's only a matter of time before there are fatalities.

    The problem is that no one will do anything about it - parenting is a big part of it too (or lack thereof), also social responsibility is an unknown to many of the teen/tweenagers. It's really irritating.

    No wonder Wick is a shrivelling husk of what it used to be.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Hopper View Post
    Absolutely, and I don't doubt it. It must be bad for business and with them doing in excess of 40MPH routinely, it's only a matter of time before there are fatalities.

    The problem is that no one will do anything about it - parenting is a big part of it too (or lack thereof), also social responsibility is an unknown to many of the teen/tweenagers. It's really irritating.

    No wonder Wick is a shrivelling husk of what it used to be.
    When was the last fatal RTA in Wick?
    W.A.T.P.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    When was the last fatal RTA in Wick?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=matter+of+time

    Plus, I didn't explicitly say RTA fatality - If one of these B&B owners/parents/otherwise disgruntled citizens gets a hold of them...
    Last edited by Pedro Hopper; 17-Aug-14 at 22:09.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Its only a matter of time until the next ice age also
    W.A.T.P.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sutherland
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Hopefully if the Car is modified in any way (exhaust etc) they have told their Insurance company of the modification?? otherwise the Insurance company may not payout, if they have an accident.
    The question is are they legally insured to drive the vehicle??..
    All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    All mods must be declared to the insurance.
    Towbars, audio the lot
    I cannot see why they would not inform the insurance
    W.A.T.P.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    All mods must be declared to the insurance.
    Towbars, audio the lot
    I cannot see why they would not inform the insurance
    It's a matter of respect which none of them have, especially in the early hours, modifications declared or not there is still a noise limit on exhausts. and like you say is a matter for the police.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abz02 View Post
    It's a matter of respect which none of them have, especially in the early hours, modifications declared or not there is still a noise limit on exhausts. and like you say is a matter for the police.
    An exhaust cannot be sold I the uk for road use unless it meets noise regulations.If the car is legal, it can be driven wherever, whenever
    W.A.T.P.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    An exhaust cannot be sold I the uk for road use unless it meets noise regulations.If the car is legal, it can be driven wherever, whenever
    Obviously, if the exhaust is modified, the manufacturer clearly has no responsibility for this and can not design this out. It also obviously depends on the configuration of the rest of the car, for example longer duration cams will cause the exhaust valve(s) to be held open longer, allowing still-burning cylinder charge out.

    I think it's safe to assume by your user name and fierce defence of this heinous, antisocial behaviour, that your are the owner of such a car?

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    An exhaust cannot be sold I the uk for road use unless it meets noise regulations.If the car is legal, it can be driven wherever, whenever
    What a load of crap ! might have legal exhaust but what about the catalytic converters they rip out? hence backfiring, as for regulations you can buy whatever you want it's up to you where you decide to use it.

  13. #13

    Default

    Well that will get them off the streets

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    wick
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •