Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sir Cliff Richard

Default Sir Cliff Richard

I have never been a fan, but I think the way the old bill has handled this investigation is just not right. Regardless of the shouts of "no smoke without fire" It just seems wrong that an allegation like this can be allowed to go public before an arrest and charge can take place.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I have never been a fan, but I think the way the old bill has handled this investigation is just not right. Regardless of the shouts of "no smoke without fire" It just seems wrong that an allegation like this can be allowed to go public before an arrest and charge can take place.
    I have always thought that no names should be mentioned in any case until charges have been brought and arrests made. Especially in delicate cases of sexual abuse and rape, these kinds of stigma can be very difficult to shake off even after cases have been dismissed or the accused found not guilty. And I'm not a fan of Cliff either.

I also think no names should be mentioned for any crimes until investigations are over. As for abuse then I think they should increase the punishments as the ones they have now are insulting. IF he is guilty (and there have been rumours for years regarding him however they are only rumours) then throw the book at him. People like him and Max Clifford/Rolf Harris get sent to easy prisons serving silly time. They ruin lives and just because they have money and are well connected get off light !

I fully agree rich.

If they are investigating Cliff Richard it should be for crimes against music. I don't know anybody who is a fan but somebody must have bought those 250 million records he has sold.

Discretion and anonymity should apply until charges are actually made against a person under suspicion.

As for Cliff, I can't thole the man at all. His statement after Jill Dando was murdered, declaring that "I am SO angry with God" being typical of the self absorbed egotist and "Professional" Christian who certainly seems to be "Travelling Light" in terms of humility.

That said, he has the right to be kept from the front pages until there is a case to answer.

Have to agree that until such time as charges are brought these things should not be reported.

Completely agree with all the other posters and the original OP !
    Personally I'm not a big fan of Sir Cliff Richard with regards to his music; then again I've never been a fan at all of The Beatles.

BUT, I think it's utterly disgusting the way in which the media can give so called "credence" to a "crime" which, not only hasn't been certified, but has brought public shame and humiliation upon a person before ANY of the "rumours/accusations (so called) can even be proven; never heed going to a court of law !!

And, yes, I will "shout" . . . . DESPICABLE !!!!!
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

At least up to now, no one owns up to enjoying his music, although I have to admit to skipping through an airport lounge or two singing, "we are all going on a summer holiday".

I wonder if there is any redress if it all turns out to be a load of porkies?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Then again, if there is truth in the rumour mill, some open prisons are going to look more like care homes
    Bagpuss

Christmas panto should be good .....

Quote Originally Posted by rich62_uk View Post
    Christmas panto should be good .....
    unless you play the part of a minor
    W.A.T.P.

lol. i alway,s thought Cliff Richard looked like a pillow biter .

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    At least up to now, no one owns up to enjoying his music, although I have to admit to skipping through an airport lounge or two singing, "we are all going on a summer holiday".I wonder if there is any redress if it all turns out to be a load of porkies?
    I really like "miss you nights" Kevin but that's the only one, honest, absolutely honest, cross my heart hope to die sort of honest

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    I really like "miss you nights" Kevin but that's the only one, honest, absolutely honest, cross my heart hope to die sort of honest
    he may well be missing his Knight hood, shortly
    W.A.T.P.

sex beast hang him

So you've found him guilty before he's gone to court? I hope you never have to do jury service Transit. :-/

It looks like there is to be an enquiry into the police actions. Rightly so I think. I don't think he hasn't even been charged with anything yet but it's all over the papers. That's a bit shocking

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    So you've found him guilty before he's gone to court? I hope you never have to do jury service Transit. :-/
    I am with you Joxville
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

As in many of these cases, it is trial by media before anything is known.

In this case I think it is particularly sad in that he is being branded a sex offender before he has even been investigated, let alone charged, and long before trial.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    lol. i alway,s thought Cliff Richard looked like a pillow biter .
    And what the hell is that piece of prejudice supposed to mean. And why is it funny ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast