Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Champion's Challenge Holiday Bible Club

Default Champion's Challenge Holiday Bible Club

Thurso Free Church is running a Holiday Bible Club each morning this week from 10.00am to 12.00pm. There will be games, crafts, snacks, drama and much more!
    Admission is free and all activities are fully supervised for Primary 1 - 7 children. Venue, Thurso Free Church Hall, Millbank road (opposite the swimming pool).
    Everyone welcome.

Unfortunately I can't manage, but perhaps you could help me as I've always wanted to know what God is telling me in Leviticus 26:27-30.....

‘If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters.

Read "Stranger in a Strange Land" and you will Grok in Fullness.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Thank you for your comment. I am sure that my Minister would be delighted to try and answer you - service times are 11.30am/6.00pm on a Sunday, or you could phone him - 01847 501721!

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Read "Stranger in a Strange Land" and you will Grok in Fullness.
    I am surely Groking now.

Quote Originally Posted by budgeJ View Post
    Unfortunately I can't manage, but perhaps you could help me as I've always wanted to know what God is telling me in Leviticus 26:27-30.....‘If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters.
    I think it means, when you are starving you will eat anything, meat is meat. Referring to the siege of Jerusalem, when mothers were reputed to have cooked and eaten their own children.

Default Quote Unquote

Quote Originally Posted by pinetrees View Post
    Thank you for your comment. I am sure that my Minister would be delighted to try and answer you - service times are 11.30am/6.00pm on a Sunday, or you could phone him - 01847 501721!
    I just phoned the minister and ask him for the translation to this quote and he said," if you phone me at this time of night again I will punch your lights out" I found that difficult to follow.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetrees View Post
    I am sure that my Minister would be delighted to try and answer you - service times are 11.30am/6.00pm on a Sunday
    I'm afraid he won't. You see, I am a woman, and therefore according to your scriptures I am not allowed to speak in church....

I Corinthians 14:34-35: "Let your woman keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

Shall you be studying that text with the Primary School aged girls at your holiday bible club ?