Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post Scottish referendum Question.....

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Where did I say there were no jobs?
    is this an episode of 'ISIHAC' , where we must answer a question with a question?

You are right answering a question with a question is never particularly useful. Especially when asking those who Never answer questions in the first place. However, Immigration is needed in Scotland to address demographic issues. Scotland needs to grow its working population and immigration is one of the ways in which we can do that. Also Scotland has skill shortages which targeted immigration can help us to fill in the short term. In the long term immigration needs could be tailored to our particular needs depending on Scotland's priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Chook a demus View Post
    Brief summary is most are sanctioned for not doing enough to find work. They claim they can't use the internet don't own a computer or a phone or didn't realise they had to send out x number of applications per week. Now taking it the majority if those where young I find it incredulous that they don't have access to phones haven't a clue how to use the internet and can't use or have access to a computer. Most of the answers sound like the typical ones you get from youngsters they expect you to believe they are thick as two short planks and aren't capable of doing anything. The just play dumb routine . These would be the same ones who probably waltz out of the centres laughing about how they mugged off the people inside with excuses. Sorry but most of its tosh no wonder they are being sanctioned if they expect people to believe those excuses.
    Way to let your prejudices shine through chook!

So you didnt see the evidence that advisers are finding

people are not being notified of changes to their jobseeking responsibilities and are then being sanctioned for failing to meet the responsibilities which they didnt know about
    People are being sanctioned for not attending appointments when they hadnt been notified of an appointment
    People are not being told they are being sanctioned - the first they know about it is when they dont get a payment
    People are not being advised that they can appeal or ask for a mandatory reconsideration

but all these things are acceptable to you i guess

Way to let your prejudices shine through chook! So you didnt see the evidence that advisers are finding people are not being notified of changes to their jobseeking responsibilities and are then being sanctioned for failing to meet the responsibilities which they didnt know aboutPeople are being sanctioned for not attending appointments when they hadnt been notified of an appointmentPeople are not being told they are being sanctioned - the first they know about it is when they dont get a payment People are not being advised that they can appeal or ask for a mandatory reconsideration but all these things are acceptable to you i guess
    Not allowing my prejudices to shine through at all but I did take time to read the article...94% of bureau advisers believe there has been an increase etc ...anecdotal not factual
    I can believe anything I like it doesn't make it factually correct.
    60% stated do not usually or never receive notification prior to sanctions ...that's assuming the claimants are being honest and not spinning a wee yarn again anecdotal not factual.
    What the report shows it that a lot of people working for CAS are told tales of failing to attend meetings and fulfil their basic requirements and are listened to and believed.
    What the report does not do is test as to whether these tales are factually correct.
    According to the report 36% said they had never used to internet and a further 11% hardly ever used it.
    So according to this out of the unemployed people who are being sanctioned a staggering 47% either have no knowledge or limited knowledge of the internet! then consider the age demographic and it doesn't add up.

Some claimed to not have phones other claimed not to have access to computers then the other chestnut library free computers where always busy so they couldn't use them either.
    Some claimed they hadn't received the messages that had been sent to them even the DWP had records of them being sent, amazing in this group the have an alarmingly high rate of not receiving emails and texts compared to the rest of the population.
    Some receive short notice for meetings ....but as they are unemployed whys that such a big issue unless they are busy doing other things.
    Others being handed letters not turning up for appointments then claiming they never had the letters.
    Others claim that sending 6 or 7 job applications a week was thought to be enough .
    What you have is a list of excuses which if you're soft enough to actually believe them makes you sound terribly gullible.

When read through in its totality the report is a lazy whingers excuse sheet for couldn't be bothered.

Yes there will be a few with learning difficulties and health issues which you could be able to excuse but the majority of excuses are laughable and that's being kind about it.
    Last edited by Chook a demus; 03-Aug-14 at 17:13.

Orkneycadian I'm not sure what you are asking me. Are you asking me what will help people put money aside for a rainy day? The work that the SG have done so far on supporting those on low incomes and paying the living wage; increasing modern apprenticeships, and the various programmes to help people into work where the SG is having much more success that the Westminster programme. In an independent Scotland, we will be able to use the full range of economic levers to build on these things. What does that mean? It means we can choose a better welfare system that concentrates on putting people into work not catching them out with sanctions, it means more apprenticeships, increases in wages and skills. It means having the opportunity to develop tax systems and pension systems which reward savers and not penalise them like rheghead showed is happening in his post about pension changes. Fundamentally Orkneycadian, it means making decisions which benefit business and people and give people more money in their pockets so that they can afford to save. An independent Scotland gives us the opportunity to grow our economy and spend our money in the way we choose to on priorities for Scotland. We are not able to do that fully, just now.
    Hmmm, no change then. So we will still have people looking to the state to support them because they have blown all their money on swally, fags and cuddies.

And more information about the way we treat those who are on benefits following on from a previous article I linked to http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...efit-sanctions

Where did I say there were no jobs?
    just as well there's plenty of jobs to go round then.

And more information about the way we treat those who are on benefits following on from a previous article I linked to http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...efit-sanctions
    Horrifying, absolutley shocking : what a bunch of bar stewards the eton elite are, anyone who actually supports this sanctions nonsense is a pure 100% dyed in the wool fascist : still its cheaper than herding people into work houses though

And you know Rob, none of the Westminster Parties have any intention or offer any opportunity for changing it. You KNOW the answer sigh

And you know Rob, none of the Westminster Parties have any intention or offer any opportunity for changing it. You KNOW the answer sigh
    I don't squidge, so please share.

Wasn't Mrs Thatcher criticised (by Nationalists) for using the oil money to pay benefits?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123