Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Scottish referendum Question.....

Default Post Scottish referendum Question.....

Will all these YES men accept the result and shut up or will they continue to flog a dead horse?

No and yes. Once a Scottish Fundamentalist.......

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle-Bobs-Johnny View Post
    Will all these YES men accept the result and shut up or will they continue to flog a dead horse?
    How about if we turn the question on its head ,Will you as a NO voter leave Scotland if it gets off its knees and votes YES.

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    How about if we turn the question on its head ,Will you as a NO voter leave Scotland if it gets off its knees and votes YES.
    It would be a bit quiet if more than half the population left wouldn't it?

In the event of a NO vote I will do what I have done all my life. That is knuckle down and get on with working to support people that I work with and try in a small way to improve their lives and the society we live in. I will be bitterly disappointed that we failed to take the opportunities independence offers to change society for the better but I will roll my sleeves up and do my best as I always have done.

But it would fix the housing problem . I do feel sorry that a NO vote will see the end of free education ,OaP care ,child care and prescriptions ,when King Cameron cuts the grant by £ 6.5 billion . Never have the weight of the Westminster chains been set to damaged the poor ,disabled and families by design. VOTE FOR THE KING OF GREED .

Quote Originally Posted by erniesspeedshop View Post
    it would make way for all the immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    In the event of a NO vote I will do what I have done all my life. That is knuckle down and get on with working to support people that I work with and try in a small way to improve their lives and the society we live in. I will be bitterly disappointed that we failed to take the opportunities independence offers to change society for the better but I will roll my sleeves up and do my best as I always have done.
    I do hope you do squidge

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Here here.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by erniesspeedshop View Post
    The Naesayers said that in 1999 and it never happened. Why should we believe them?

Rumour has it Mr Putin has offered separatists a nice house in the Ukraine if they loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Chook a demus View Post
    Rumour has it Mr Putin has offered separatists a nice house in the Ukraine if they loose.
    The country is Ukraine, not "the Ukraine". How would you like it if the world referred to your country as "the Scotland"?

But it would fix the housing problem . I do feel sorry that a NO vote will see the end of free education ,OaP care ,child care and prescriptions ,when King Cameron cuts the grant by £ 6.5 billion . Never have the weight of the Westminster chains been set to damaged the poor ,disabled and families by design. VOTE FOR THE KING OF GREED .
    What utter mince... More scaremongering from the increasingly desperate independence crew. You know full well that a "NO" vote will not (cannot) decrease the powers of the Scottish Parliament. It will in fact lead to greater devolved power to Scotland - but you don't really want people to know that do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I do hope you do squidge
    Why would I do anything else Heisenberg? My home is here, I love living here, my family are here. I have always tried to help people make a difference to their lives and in many individual cases I have succeeded. Not in earth shattering, blinding flashes of light sort of ways but in small quiet ways. I will carry on doing that but I think it's likely that I will move more towards campaigning hard for social change as I have thoroughly enjoyed the political debate the referendum has offered. Miles more than I thought I would having never been involved in formal politics much before, bar the odd CND march and Rock Against Racism stuff of the 80s and a 12 month spell as a union rep around 1994. Whatever happens I'm here to stay

Quote Originally Posted by luskentyre View Post
    The country is Ukraine, not "the Ukraine". How would you like it if the world referred to your country as "the Scotland"?
    Well, the ferryloupers keep calling this place "The Orkneys"!

Quote Originally Posted by luskentyre View Post
    What utter mince... More scaremongering from the increasingly desperate independence crew. You know full well that a "NO" vote will not (cannot) decrease the powers of the Scottish Parliament. It will in fact lead to greater devolved power to Scotland - but you don't really want people to know that do you?
    I find your comment strange as it's the NO campaign that's the scaremongers ,they are so hell bent on the scare tactics that's the only line they use. We have KING CAMERON backing the NO side and using the Labour idiots to do his bidding and he states " believe what the no campaign are saying ,they speak the TRUTH" . Then when Wednesday coming around and it's PM questions KING CAMERON is still blaming the Labour Party for the crash after 4years of his tenure. How can anyone support let alone believe what he has to say . Before you ask ,I don't have a vote .

As the crash happened before Mr Cameron assumes the role as prime minister he's quite entitled to blame labour for the crash. Referring to him as king is a bit rich as the UK already has a head of state called The Queen but that's far to easy for some they like to use scare tactics and ripe rhetoric to win the day. It must be worrying for those yes campaigners seeing those few percentage points leaking away each month. Sept 19th we can enjoy the experience of seeing Mr Salmond having to announce he has lost the referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Chook a demus View Post
    As the crash happened before Mr Cameron assumes the role as prime minister he's quite entitled to blame labour for the crash.
    Yes but it would still be pretty disingenuous of him as Gordon Brown held cross party talks on the crash and Cameron publically agreed that bailing out banks was the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Yes but it would still be pretty disingenuous of him as Gordon Brown held cross party talks on the crash and Cameron publically agreed that bailing out banks was the right thing to do.
    Bailing out the banks was the best choice for the country which shows that they are able to rise above petty party politics and act in the Best interests of the country.

Unlike separatists who have a narrow vision of the future and will burn everything to get independence regardless of the costs to the majority.

Separatists openly admit the road to independence will not be easy, that means job losses, turmoil, less money for your children, less job security, less financial security, less national security. All to aspire to a vain idea of Nationhood and Seperatism that should of been left alone after 1945
    Last edited by Chook a demus; 01-Aug-14 at 10:20.

I find your comment strange as it's the NO campaign that's the scaremongers ,they are so hell bent on the scare tactics that's the only line they use. We have KING CAMERON backing the NO side and using the Labour idiots to do his bidding and he states " believe what the no campaign are saying ,they speak the TRUTH" . Then when Wednesday coming around and it's PM questions KING CAMERON is still blaming the Labour Party for the crash after 4years of his tenure. How can anyone support let alone believe what he has to say . Before you ask ,I don't have a vote .
    What crash?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast