Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Just to say Hi...

Default Just to say Hi...

hi ladies and gents!
    Ive recently moved up here and was wondering how is the photo community doing around thurso/wick and caithness in general?
    What do you love to shoot? Where? film or digital (or both)? Anyone doing traditional processing ?
    Maybe anyone has an old enlarger they dont need anymore that I could look after ?

hi Adrian and welcome,
    lots of folk into photography up here, lots of folk like myself that are new to it, we have a camera club which meet every wednesday at 7pm at wick players in the town, im told also that there is a club in thurso too, im not sure what day they meet though

thanks for replying!
    i was beginning to think all photo people are either antisocial or too busy taking photos
    I was doing a bit of a research and found thurso club online but website not updated for over a year now and also joined FB page but looks like there is 2 people that still post there. At the moment I`m based in Scarfskerry but might pop in one wednesday to Wick to say hi if thats ok.

There's a pretty good group on FB which will give you a good spectrum of who, what & where people are capturing locally

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    There's a pretty good group on FB which will give you a good spectrum of who, what & where people are capturing locally
    AMAZING! thanks B.! thats what i was looking for i didnt think to search for `caithness` stuff too, just always tried thurso and wick so far - will remember for the future

Hi Adrian

The Thurso Club meet a Miller Academy in Thurso on the first and third Mondays of the month from September until April. The club web site will be updated when the forthcoming programme is finalised. We are planning a photo shoot next Monday evening (11th Aug). Meet at the Tempest café at Thurso harbour. Meet to decide where we want to go and be ready to head off for the location at 19:00. All are welcome to come and have a go, the club want to encourage anyone to take photographs, you don't need 'posh' equipment just bring some some form of photo recording device.
    Just when you think everythings fine, life slaps you in the face.