Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderators

Default Moderators

I POSTED YESTERDAY IN "RECOMMENDATIONS" LOOKING FOR A CHAP IN THURSO WHO IS RUMOURED TO WIRE UP TOWBARS. HOWEVER AFTER A NOTE FLASHING UP TO SAY IT WOULD BE POSTED ONCE A MODERATOR HAD GIVEN IT THE ONCE OVER IT WOULD BE POSTED....NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED. I 'VE HAD NO NOTIFICATION TO SAY WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS?
    PEACE LOVE LIGHT & HARMONY

Maybe they didn't hear you!

THIS IS JUST ONE OF THE REASONS THAT I LEFT THE ORG......

Have sent you a pm. Hope it helps.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

It can take so long for that forum to approve posts that the posting there have reduced greatly. If you want a quick answer then it is a total waste of time. If it is to be moderated then it should be done at least once a day, if not more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Maybe they didn't hear you!
    They seem to hear me OK

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    I POSTED YESTERDAY IN "RECOMMENDATIONS" LOOKING FOR A CHAP IN THURSO WHO IS RUMOURED TO WIRE UP TOWBARS. HOWEVER AFTER A NOTE FLASHING UP TO SAY IT WOULD BE POSTED ONCE A MODERATOR HAD GIVEN IT THE ONCE OVER IT WOULD BE POSTED....NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED. I 'VE HAD NO NOTIFICATION TO SAY WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS?
    Your post has now been approved. I cannot see what the problem is. You posted your message yesterday and it has been approved today. We cannot guarantee how long it will take as it depends on our availability but often approvals for many things on the web site are within hours. If it was not for the problems that occurred in the recommendation section in the past we may have left it open to direct posting but unfortunately due to the need to vet them we set up an approval system. That in turn means we need to see it and due to work, holidays, weddings etc we may not get to it as fast in summer as we do in winter.

Glad it works for you jacko.

Thank you poppett ! I'm glad to see that there are still friendly faces on here. :d

I do not think i like the tone of your reply mr fernie. I have only occasionally had this problem posting in the years that i have been on the org., - it just seemed a long time to "happen". I have not been on the site for months and therefore have no idea of any previous problems that you may have had on that particular forum. Your response i'm afraid is very defensive and suggestive of no one ( in this case myself ) rocking the boat. All in all if this is your attitude , it's frankly very disappointing. Thank you to the "orgers" who have helped me..

I don't see any problem with Bill's post, it doesn't strike me as being defensive. Like he says, people have a life beyond this forum. :-)

Glad it works for you jacko.
    now now Anne your having a laugh..

I do not think i like the tone of your reply mr fernie......
    Crickey....Caithness.Org is Mr Fernie's toy so he can do with it as he wishes.

THIS IS JUST ONE OF THE REASONS THAT I LEFT THE ORG......
    So what was the reason you came back ?

Moderators should be banned. Coming on here disrupting the harmony of the .Org.

The perils of the "Does anyone know" or the "Can anyone recommend" thread....

I gather that Google takes a lot less offence.

Bill, have you thought about spreading the moderating load between more people? Even if it was just on the reccomendations section.

I do not think i like the tone of your reply mr fernie. I have only occasionally had this problem posting in the years that i have been on the org., - it just seemed a long time to "happen". I have not been on the site for months and therefore have no idea of any previous problems that you may have had on that particular forum. Your response i'm afraid is very defensive and suggestive of no one ( in this case myself ) rocking the boat. All in all if this is your attitude , it's frankly very disappointing. Thank you to the "orgers" who have helped me..
    Isn't writing in capital letters classed as SHOUTING?!! Mr. Fernie's post looks like a reasonable explanation to me.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Did Tesco run out of your supply of the above items?You could always start a new thread asking their opening hours so you can replenish your levels.

In an independent Scotland CAPS lock will be outlawed and Tesco rebranded to Scotco.
    Now, if someone mentions the Vampires of Portgower, I'd have filled my bingo card!

Glad to have been a help Anne.............and hopefully to Robert who jumped into my pm box to ask the same question.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast