Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: My favourite fast food is.......

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hamburger / cheeseburger

8 17.78%
  • Hot Dog

0 0%
  • Fish and chips

2 4.44%
  • Pudding and chips

3 6.67%
  • Doner kebab

3 6.67%
  • Spare Ribs

2 4.44%
  • Chicken wings

1 2.22%
  • Chips

2 4.44%
  • Fried rat

3 6.67%
  • Baguette

0 0%
  • Pizza

2 4.44%
  • Curry

6 13.33%
  • Bacon roll

4 8.89%
  • Sausage roll

0 0%
  • Pot noodle

0 0%
  • Mars bar and chips

0 0%
  • Haggis and chips

0 0%
  • Bag of crisps

1 2.22%
  • Bar of chocolate

3 6.67%
  • other

5 11.11%

Thread: Your favourite "fast food"..... vote now!

Default Your favourite "fast food"..... vote now!

Mine has got to be the almighty doner kebab though a good old cheeseburger comes second..... what's your favourite? Vote now!

Edit: I tried to keep the "menu" Caithness related, no point adding things you can't buy up here.
    Last edited by The_man_from_del_monte; 14-Mar-07 at 23:04.

meatball sub from subway!
    http://itqueries.com/

Chicken Curry wi chips everytime.Ye eat it up wi one gulp and the plate is empty.Ye think is that all it was one quick meal.Then an hour later a Phart....ahhhh delicacies come to those that wait.

Chicken curry with fried rice. mmmmm lovely

KFC its the only fast food I eat
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Chicken moon moon and rice from the K2, or sweet n' sour chicken and egg fried rice from the chinese .......mmmmmm.........
    Always remember your unique, just like everyone else

yep the cheeseburger takes it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post

sounds good to me - do they use "healthy" meatballs though? This would be important to me

I actually voted "fried rat" - none of the other options appealed to me & I want to know where to obtain this "delicacy" in Caithness.

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    sounds good to me - do they use "healthy" meatballs though? This would be important to me

I actually voted "fried rat" - none of the other options appealed to me & I want to know where to obtain this "delicacy" in Caithness.

That place in Thurso down by the Riverside.... when I first came here I was sitting outside in my car and a rat walked in the door Woman comes out screaming "RAT! RAT!, RAT!" (btw I posted a thread on this ages ago but it has disappeared) Anyways....... this rat walks into the chip shop quite the thing.... it turns around and comes out again (sensible rat) next thing I sees is the chip shop owner with a lump of wood in his hand looking for the rat.... woman is still shouting "RAT!!"

I get's out of the car and went inside to buy a bag of chips (rats don't bother me) waited there for a few minutes and the chip shop owner returns "sorry about that sir, what can I get you?" rat and chips please.... "you saw the rat?" yes I did, it was quite a large rat "our premises are rat free we spend thousands per year ensuring we are rat free" I know, I was joking, a bag of chips without the rat will do "seriously we pay quite a lot to ensure our premises are kept free of vermin"

Me: a bag of chips it is then.... chip shop: not like when I worked on the farm we used to club the rats over the head with a block of wood..... Me: (losing appetite FAST) so you're totally rat free now? chip shop: we have a certificate to prove it (shows me some rat killing invoice)

I won't go into more detail but came out of there with a free "courtesy"
    bag of chips and (the mind boggles) a polystyrene tub full of cheese and another tub full of "gravy" on the house Suffice to say I chucked the whole lot into the nearest bin and have never been back.

Quote Originally Posted by The_man_from_del_monte View Post
    That place in Thurso down by the Riverside.... when I first came here I was sitting outside in my car and a rat walked in the door Woman comes out screaming "RAT! RAT!, RAT!" (btw I posted a thread on this ages ago but it has disappeared) Anyways....... this rat walks into the chip shop quite the thing.... it turns around and comes out again (sensible rat) next thing I sees is the chip shop owner with a lump of wood in his hand looking for the rat.... woman is still shouting "RAT!!"

I get's out of the car and went inside to buy a bag of chips (rats don't bother me) waited there for a few minutes and the chip shop owner returns "sorry about that sir, what can I get you?" rat and chips please.... "you saw the rat?" yes I did, it was quite a large rat "our premises are rat free we spend thousands per year ensuring we are rat free" I know, I was joking, a bag of chips without the rat will do "seriously we pay quite a lot to ensure our premises are kept free of vermin"

Me: a bag of chips it is then.... chip shop: not like when I worked on the farm we used to club the rats over the head with a block of wood..... Me: (losing appetite FAST) so you're totally rat free now? chip shop: we have a certificate - LOl#####q1to prove it (shows me some rat killing invoice)

I won't go into more detail but came out of there with a free "courtesy"
    bag of chips and (the mind boggles) a polystyrene tub full of cheese and another tub full of "gravy" on the house Suffice to say I chucked the whole lot into the nearest bin and have never been back.

You surprise me Caveman - I'd have forgone the chips & the cheese, gravy etc - but I would have insisted on the rat
    - lol!

Quote Originally Posted by The_man_from_del_monte View Post
    Mine has got to be the almighty doner kebab though a good old cheeseburger comes second..... what's your favourite? Vote now!

Edit: I tried to keep the "menu" Caithness related, no point adding things you can't buy up here.
    Where in Caithness can one buy fried rat?

From that list I'd have to go for a curry! A flavoursome Chicken Jaipuri mopped up with a naan (preferably Peshwari) from Shelina Spice would go down nicely right now! Mmmmmm

edited... removed nonsense.
    Last edited by The_man_from_del_monte; 16-Mar-07 at 15:46.

Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post
    Me too Brandy! How good are they yumm! I love the smell of Subway, it is delicious. Went there yesterday but had the daily special 6inch tuna with lettuce tomato, and black olives. Is there still a subway in Inverness ?

Also just discovered A & W, now addicted to their root beer

Chips win every time for me!

cant beat a bit of fried rat.
    ............................AHOY HOY........................

Quote Originally Posted by quirbal View Post
    cant beat a bit of fried rat.
    Fried rat eew! Dont think ill try that

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Foal View Post
    Fried rat eew! Dont think ill try that
    Fried rat is Goooood!!
    ............................AHOY HOY........................

Burger kings - Bacon double cheesburger Meal deal.....mmmmmmmmmmmm

(only once in a blue moon though)