Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: ????

Default ????

What is a privy ouncillor? Apparently John Thurso has had this honour bestowed upon him. http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...-e-Groat-e-day
    Last edited by 2little2late; 27-Jul-14 at 19:33.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Privy Counsellors are members of the Queen's own Council: the 'Privy Council'. There are about 500 members who have reached high public office. Membership includes all members of the Cabinet, past and present, the Speaker, the leaders of all major political parties, Archbishops and various senior judges as well as other senior public figures. Their role is to advise the Queen in carrying out her duties as Monarch. In the past Privy Counsellors were the chief governing body and fulfilled the role that the Cabinet performs today.

http://www.parliament.uk/site-inform...privy-council/

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Sounds like jobs for the boys to me.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Sounds like jobs for the boys to me.
    Bet our first haggis Eck, never gets made a Privy Councilor
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Bet our first haggis Eck, never gets made a Privy Councilor
    Mebbies Yes, Mebbies No. But this thread is about John Thurso and the Queen is an intelligent switched-on lady, I fail to see what topics John Thurso can advise her on.

Maybe it's clever base covering just in case Scotland does get independence. After the northern isles decide they are better off keeping the oil to themselves and become independent and become a British protectorate it wouldn't be long before Caithness would realise that having all the renewable energy up here makes it just a cash cow for the central belt cowboys and would vie for Independence on the basis that it was never truly part of a Scotland but more historically aligned with Norway,making it a small but independently wealthy place without all the burden of having to sustain central belt policies. With all the renewable energy, it's share of the oil fields, fishing and whiskey plus great agriculture Caithness would be well positioned to go it alone. Having a man close to the seat of power would be invaluable.
    Last edited by Chook a demus; 27-Jul-14 at 22:54.

Mebbies Yes, Mebbies No. But this thread is about John Thurso and the Queen is an intelligent switched-on lady, I fail to see what topics John Thurso can advise her on.
    If she ever get any problems with her water supplier, Johns the man.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Chook a demus View Post
    Maybe it's clever base covering just in case Scotland does get independence. After the northern isles decide they are better off keeping the oil to themselves and become independent and become a British protectorate it wouldn't be long before Caithness would realise that having all the renewable energy up here makes it just a cash cow for the central belt cowboys and would vie for Independence on the basis that it was never truly part of a Scotland but more historically aligned with Norway,making it a small but independently wealthy place without all the burden of having to sustain central belt policies. With all the renewable energy, it's share of the oil fields, fishing and whiskey plus great agriculture Caithness would be well positioned to go it alone. Having a man close to the seat of power would be invaluable.
    Cor, I wish I was clever like you is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chook a demus View Post
    So I gather you are not a supporter of Independence with such a grip on economics, international law, the constitution & psychology of the 'normal' person

Well where does independence stop you can't allow Scotland to have self determination then tell others they aren't allowed it. If Scotland can have independence why not the Northern Isles or Caithness or any other part that decides it's better off not being governed by the central belt.

UDI for Caithness , I like it.

But this thread is about John Thurso
    Is it? I thought it was a thread about punctuation marks....

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Is it? I thought it was a thread about punctuation marks....
    Actually it is a thread about misspelling by your super duper retired journalist Noel Doanalsin.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    Actually it is a thread about misspelling by your super duper retired journalist Noel Doanalsin.
    So nothing new then.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    UDI for Caithness , I like it.
    It will never work. It is not big enough, no plan B on currency, Caithness will have to reapply to the EU, the maternity unit will have to relocate to Inverness, Highland council will put up a barrier at the Braes, the fish around our coast will die, the sky will turn black, and the hot air from the separatists will render the land unusable for agriculture for a 1000 years by which time your EU membership will come through.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    hanks, 2little2late, for the ood iggly ime ou ave iven e ith his hread.