Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Aldi new store for wick

Default Aldi new store for wick

New store for wick aldi .where is it being built in wick anyone know .

nothing on their web site nor on the Highland Council planning list.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

They are advertising for a deputy store manager, and assistant manager:

http://www.careerbuilder.co.uk/jobse...J68BKJLXRW0ZGP

Question to ask then is where is a building large enough to accommodate an Aldi store that's already built. Mebbe the old Caithness Glass property that's a big ole building with a nice large car park

Anything to do with the extension at lidl?

Think this may be a spoof. P&J reporting that Aldi are puzzled by an advert for staff for a new store in Nairn. Think someone is at it.

I dinae think it a spoof They are adverting for all sort of staff for a shop in week.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    They are advertising for a deputy store manager, and assistant manager:

http://www.careerbuilder.co.uk/jobse...J68BKJLXRW0ZGP
    Where does it say that the store is in Wick? The location says "Nationwide"

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie View Post
    Where does it say that the store is in Wick? The location says "Nationwide"
    I checked it also a couple of days ago and it did show Wick. I also fished around on the site and found other positions saying jobs in Wick in the left column. I then tried to search using their search box but always got a nil return. I can only assume someone made mistake and it has now been rectified ALDI do have big store investment going on as stores are opening or under construction in may places right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fernie View Post
    I checked it also a couple of days ago and it did show Wick. I also fished around on the site and found other positions saying jobs in Wick in the left column. I then tried to search using their search box but always got a nil return. I can only assume someone made mistake and it has now been rectified ALDI do have big store investment going on as stores are opening or under construction in may places right now.
    I did see ads for Aldi jobs in Wick but the additional information gave the Wick in question as being in South West England. Perhaps that is the source of the confusion:-

http://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing...&paoIdKey=NDA=

What a frenzy over yet another supermarket.....

The "con-spotters" amongst you should have spotted this one a mile off.... Same rumour for Kirkwall. Well and truly quashed in last weeks paper.

Don't you think they might need to build the place, or even apply for planning consent to build, before they advertise for staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Chook a demus View Post
    Question to ask then is where is a building large enough to accommodate an Aldi store that's already built. Mebbe the old Caithness Glass property that's a big ole building with a nice large car park
    the old car parts store in George street next to the coal office. It's a big store with car park?
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

That is probably what happened but at the time of my posting it definitely said Wick, Caithness. I get an email from a job aggregator site daily and always check this as they do sometimes make mistakes of this fashion (normally this one, or job listed as Castletown but it is the Isle of Man one).

I sent off for an application form and got it on the computer!!!
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    I sent off for an application form and got it on the computer!!!
    I have pulled up an application form for a job in Harrods onto my computer.

It is now just a question of waiting until they build the Wick branch at the old Pentland Autos site and that will save me the commute to Knightsbridge on a daily basis.

Oh Harrods? I applied to Harold's.

The former Pentland Auto site is an excellent example of a brownfield site that is crying out for a sympathetic development. However, to make it work, there would have to be an extended access- which would impact on the former petrol station outside. However- wouldn't it be more useful for Aldi to take that undeveloped site at the former Thurso Mart?
    Bagpuss

Quote Originally Posted by bagpuss View Post
    The former Pentland Auto site is an excellent example of a brownfield site that is crying out for a sympathetic development. However, to make it work, there would have to be an extended access- which would impact on the former petrol station outside. However- wouldn't it be more useful for Aldi to take that undeveloped site at the former Thurso Mart?
    It would be fantastic for Aldi to take the former Thurso mart, however, as the sight belongs to Tesco and the only reason for purchasing was to stop any other potential retailer getting it (land banking) it's unlikely that Tesco is going to let it go to any of the competition.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.