Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opening Ceremony

Quote Originally Posted by Shpongle View Post
    One would have thought that the SBC would have broadcast it? Oh, hold on, there's no such thing as the Scottish broadcasting company is there? What a shame that all we have is that naff British broadcasting company, it's known across the world as probably the worst isn't it? Totally biased, totally corrupt and totally unionist.
    Didn't use to be when I was younger......but most definitely is now, if you consider their reporting primarily consists of regurgitating the pronouncements of Westminster politicians as if they were fact and not opinion, and failing to dig out the facts to contradict them, as they would have done in the past. I went right off the BBC a long time ago, when they became the Government cheer-leaders for the Israeli excesses in Gaza.

STV news is so much better, they don't mention anything "Scottish" and are totally unbiased.

STV news is so much better, they don't mention anything "Scottish" and are totally unbiased.
    Lol! But we aren't forced to pay a licence fee for STV, just as we are not forced to buy/subscribe to the printed/online versions of the "news"papers..so private companies are entitled to hold biased opinions.but it is an extremely foolish person who would expect them to be unbiased. A public broadcaster, publically funded does have an obligation to be even-handed in its reporting, and not just be another Government mouthpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    Lol! But we aren't forced to pay a licence fee for STV
    True, but you are exposed to heavy advertising by the global giants who want to extract money from you.

Just watched the tandem 1000 para-cycling final and am so impressed with the build of the cycles, can anyone imagine the stress on the crank and chain of the Scottish bike with the legs of Craig MacLean pressing down not to mention the power from his buttocks the man is built like a mountain gorilla, very impressive well done to get the gold, the way he and his mate Neil Fachie powered past the Ausies breathtaking stuff.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

True, but you are exposed to heavy advertising by the global giants who want to extract money from you.
    And good luck with that! If it has to be advertised at the silly money advertising costs to sell it......it isn't worth buying at the price charged to recover those advertising costs. But I don't watch STV either.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    And good luck with that! If it has to be advertised at the silly money advertising costs to sell it......it isn't worth buying at the price charged to recover those advertising costs. But I don't watch STV either.
    So I take it by that statement you'd never buy anything that's been advertised on tha telly. Or support the commonwealth games as they are advertised on tha telly as well. Must be nice wearing sack cloth and living on non brand rice and beans in a cave somewhere because just about everything is advertised and marketed somewhere.
    Last edited by Chook a demus; 26-Jul-14 at 20:34.

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    To put it politely.........crap, I was embarrassed to be a Caithness born Scot
    why ? what did Caithness have to do with the ceremony ?

Well, I have not been disappointed with any of the sport that I have watched and the games so far has been a credit to the host nation. The rugby final tonight was very entertaining and Afrika was certainly a bit special.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

The little girl that won the bronze medal swimming today made my day with her smile. Lovely

What a shame that all we have is that naff British broadcasting company, it's known across the world as probably the worst isn't it? Totally biased, totally corrupt and totally unionist.
    What a very strange comment. The BBC was, and still is, renowned for its quality and impartiality across the globe. Claims of "bias" are often only heard from people who aren't hearing what they want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    The little girl that won the bronze medal swimming today made my day with her smile. Lovely
    She was indeed a little gem. I almost shed a tear myself when she was on the podium, she held her composure better than the New Zealand gold medal winner.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12