Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: John Thurso

Default John Thurso

Sent John Thurso an email five days ago expressing concern about the recent Bill on communications privacy.

Got a two page letter today from his office in the House of Commons addressing the points I had made. Not saying that I agree with all he said but can't fault the man.

Many people prejudge John Thurso based on his background, but anyone who has ever spoken to him at a clinic/corresponded with him seems to get a genuine reply.

As you say, I don't agree with everything he says or does, but he definitely takes his job seriously.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Have to agree with both of you, he has always been prompt to answer any enquiry I have made and been extremely helpful.

He is dealing with an issue for me and has kept me in the loop at every stage.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Congratulations to John Thurso for being made a Privy Councilor, an honour to 'e County also.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Congratulations to John Thurso for being made a Privy Councilor, an honour to 'e County also.
    Well said.

Is this the same John Thurso who wanted to declare a moratorium on wind farms that is the biggest growth sector in his constituency? You just couldn't make it up.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

an honour to 'e County also.
    Its no honour for the County, just the old boys network again. More contacts for Thurso & more chances to make money for himself. All of Westminster needs reorganising & this old boys system dismantled. Privy Councilor, what function do they actually do & how much extra are they paid for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Is this the same John Thurso who wanted to declare a moratorium on wind farms that is the biggest growth sector in his constituency? You just couldn't make it up.
    The biggest eyesore, more like, and how many locals are employed when erecting these farms for the rich?

Caithness is crime free, the health system is good, the streets are clean, there are not many (any?) homeless people sleeping in shop doorways and the quality of life is good. You can't really complain but some always will.

Quote Originally Posted by Shpongle View Post
    Caithness is crime free,? , the streets are clean,? .
    well seen that your new till 'e Org, just read Doanalsin's Diary for the local crime, and read some of the many dog fouling threads posted
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

well seen that your new till 'e Org, just read Doanalsin's Diary for the local crime, and read some of the many dog fouling threads posted
    That's not crime!! I'm talking about burglary, rape, murder, armed robbery etc. NOT jaywalking and general drunken brawls.

The many times I have met Lord Thurso I have found him most ameanable and generous with his time he is a good man and caring too. Although I do not always agree with his polatics