Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wireless mouse behaving erratically

Default Wireless mouse behaving erratically

Hi. I'm having problems with my mouse although I can't be sure if it's just a mouse fault or a more serious computer fault. Here's what's happening:

Clicking has no effect unless you click something rapidly for about half a dozen times.
    By just moving the mouse (not clicking) it'll highlight the text on webpages, drag taskbar buttons, drag the 'play position' button on a video player etc etc.

Doing a 'left click' on an empty part of the screen can restore normality but usually not for long.

It's a Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard and I've updated the software. My main AV and also Malwarebytes give a clean report. I use Windows 7 64 bit.

Can anyone suggest a cause and cure for this problem? My thanks in advance.

Hi

I would try to make sure it is the wireless mouse that's causing problems.

Does the PC behave the same way with a wired mouse ?
    Do you have fresh batteries in the mouse ?

I see you wrote this pretty early in the morning, If you have been up all night, would it help to sleep ? :-)

On a more serious note: If you just switched on the PC and it is a while since you last used it, it may be busy running updates, scans etc. Give it some time and see if the problem continues. These wireless mice (never quite got what plural of computer mouse is called) have a tendency to behave like this if the PC is busy.
    Last edited by bigno48; 18-Jul-14 at 10:33.

your mouse buttons are worn out, i have a wireless mouse to i have replaced the left button about 3 times now its so annoying it highlights everything on pages and stuff, if you can solider and that they are easy to change if not you will need a new mouse i found now a days they not as good as what they used to be that why i replaced the buttons with ones out a old mouse never had problems since

Thanks folks. I've tried all the obvious things (bar wired mouse - don't have one), even did a System restore. Nothing works so reckon I'll go shopping...

I know this is nothing to do with the above thread, however, My wireless mouse wont work on my laptop where the wired one does and works on big PC ok. has anyone got an idea what its doing or not in this case

@sheilapl it depends on your OS it might be the driver needed or a conflict with the on board mouse, first you can disable the on board one using the Fn key and the mouse icon on the key board mines is Fn+F7 if not find a mouse driver for it you might have got one with the mouse