Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Looking for more about Clynes

Default Looking for more about Clynes

Hi I am looking for information on Hendrie Clyne born 1715 in Wick possibly married Ann Sutherland about 1757

my mum is a Clyne, are you a Clyne descendant I have traced lots of our Clynes. if I can help with info happy to do so. regards Lynn
    Located in Australia

Have lots of Clynes on my tree. Trying to link the Clynes of Bower with other Clynes

mmmm what Clyne does your line with so far I cant connect Bower Clynes to my line I have also done some research on Thurso Clynes cant connect.
    Located in Australia

Hi Lynn My Clynes are from Latheron and Wick. We have been in contact a long time ago regards Bob

Sorry I have been in touch with quite a few Clyne researchers and loose track of them. Which Clyne line is yiurs I must check my notes. Will check the Hendrie Clyne link. regards Lynn
    Located in Australia

My aunt paid for some research in the 1980s. Some info:

The marriagd records in the old parochial registers of Latheron begin in 1755 and one Clyne marriage noted there between 1755 and 1759. 1757 ---- Clyn in Meikle and Ann Sutherland contracted and married 3 January 1757.
    Baptism of children in Caithness OPR by two Clyne families were registering children in Clyth at about the same time.

Henry Clyne in Clyth registered John 27 Feb 1757, Donald 18 Nov 1759, William 11 July 1761.
    John Clyne in Easter Donald and William 11 Sept 1759, Andrew and Katherine 11 Sept 1763.

It is noted that Henry and John were probably brothers or cousins but as the opr began in Latheron in 1740 their baptisms not recorded in Latheron.

will look through any other info I have collected.
    Located in Australia