Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Pub Folk Clubs?

Default Pub Folk Clubs?

Having lived in or near quite a few cities in the UK I have always been able to find "pub folk clubs" where pubs, clubs, hotels etc allow customers/visitors to bring allong instruments one evening a week/month and have a "session" in one of the bars. This provides valuable experiance, passage of ideas, confidence, fun and crack whilst providing the bar with free music and extra takings from drinks/snacks purchase by folk proformers (and as word gets round extra customers who come to listen)
    Is there anywhere in Caithness that this happens? or is there a folk club anywhere in Caithness that has singers nights? Does this spark intrest with anyone?

Try the Commercial Bar on a Thursday evening, they have practice sessions for folkies, might be worth investigating

Pretty sure its Wednesdays

It's been Wednesdays for a good while. I always try and look in when I'm home, the sessions are good and the place is busy.

Sorry to be dense but Commercial Bar where ?

Sorry, should have said. The Comm's in Thurso, right at the bottom of Princes Street.

Thanks stumpy.