Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Building a new house

Default Building a new house

Hi
    Im looking for advise and recommendations on architects to use in the area for a self-build house we are planning. Any one with good or bad experiences of any?.......would be good to hear from.

Thanks

Have a look at this Company who will do everything for you, Design, Plan, Build etc. Also they are Scottish and are in Inverness.

http://www.roy-homes.com/index.htm

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

If they build it for you, then surely its not self build anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    If they build it for you, then surely its not self build anymore?
    You have done it again, jumped in without reading all on the web page that I linked to. If you had you would have read that it would be perfectly possible to a complete self build through them. Getting them to build is only one option, another is to design a house exactly the way you want it.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I have seen some of Roy Construction work when I lived down the line. Their standards are very high, unlike Green and Cameron one of the more local options. MM Miller in Wick have a good reputation for building work with a high standard of finish.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

It would be worth asking for info from Craigie Joinery, they design and provide (and erect) kits etc. email: craigievxr@hotmail.co.uk

While building a new home you have to concern an well establish constructer as he have depth knowledge in construction and you can also consult with your friends and relatives that who is the best constructor it helps you to find the unique one while hiring him you must check his standard of working .