Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Satellite Broadband

Default Satellite Broadband

Hi .OrgCan anyone recommend a good Satellite Broadband provider that works here in Caithness?I've had a wee look around, but any suggestions will be much appreciated.Cheers!
    Regards,
    FoxRed

Hi,

I looked at them and tbh they should work anywhere in Caithness (Providing you have a line of sight to the Satellite.) What did put me off tho was a guy at work was telling me the latency is extremely bad (Due to the distance the data has to travel to and from the Satellite). IE if you play any online games or what not it would not be very good at all for that. He was saying he switched back because of it...

Dont know if it will effect you or not depending on your internet usage and you play any games online, but just thought I would give you the heads up. I decided against seen as im addicted to an online game... Lol so mean time i have to make do with my 1.8Meg connection