Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Weather

Default Weather

did you all hear that loud thunder clap ??

I think I must have missed that, Paul.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Nope, I'm in Wick and it's sunny here:-) where did you hear it??
    A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time.

spring park area in Thurso

We had a fair few very loud thunder claps between 12 and 1.30 ish. No lightning though.

I went up to Groat on my bike to have a look at the vintage rally and it got very dark all of a sudden, I didn't stay around long enough to see if it did rain.

Default weather

Lovely all day at Groats

At 12.45pm here in High Ormlie above us was a Huge Cumulonimbus Cloud. From it there was Very Heavy Rain for over one Hour and for at least 25 Minutes there was Lightening Followed by Very Loud Claps of Thunder. The rain was so heavy that it blocked my Satellite Signal.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    Yes. Next question?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Yes. Next question?
    Orkneycadian - do you have to make sarcastic comments on every single thread? Perhaps you need to consider why putting others down makes you feel better about yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by luskentyre View Post
    Orkneycadian - do you have to make sarcastic comments on every single thread? Perhaps you need to consider why putting others down makes you feel better about yourself?
    Thought Orkneycadian's response was reasonable given that it wasn't exactly an enlightening question. I bet they didn't hear it in Siberia...

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Yes. Next question?
    Wow that chip on your shoulder must be getting really big now.would you have answered the same way if the question was asked to your face. If you had responded to me that way in person you would be nursing a fat lip by now.
    "One more round Micky"

I have to agree with the comments about orkneycadian's extremely childish, challenging, and provoking replies that he/she tends to put on most threads.
    I actually find it quite tiring and intimidating for those whose thread he/she decides to ridicule ! ! (Maybe this is what the org. member in question relies upon due to the fact of their own insecurity?)
    Last edited by cherokee; 10-Jun-14 at 17:06.
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    (Maybe this is what the org. member in question relies upon due to the fact of their own insecurity?)
    Nothing like a bit of cod psycho-babble as a put-down.

Quote Originally Posted by dandod View Post
    If you had responded to me that way in person you would be nursing a fat lip by now.
    Ah! Of course, the threat of violence is always preferable to a dash of sarcasm. How did I not see that?

Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post

Ah! Of course, the threat of violence is always preferable to a dash of sarcasm. How did I not see that?
    Mr Dod missed out "I'm no keyboard warrior."

This website used to be something we could be proud of. Now it is nothing but bullies trolls and scum and nothing gets done about it.andejen you do stick up for someone you are on the receiving end of their insults and wisecracks.this website really is just forthe scum nowadays and it's about time it gets cleaned up.
    "One more round Micky"

This website used to be something we could be proud of. Now it is nothing but bullies trolls and scum and nothing gets done about it.andejen you do stick up for someone you are on the receiving end of their insults and wisecracks.this website really is just forthe scum nowadays and it's about time it gets cleaned up.
    Anyone who makes "fat lip" threats is scum. Do tell us if you disagree.

Don't miss this opportunity to reduce the forum scum proportion, by ceasing to post here.

Default Weather

Changing the subject slightly, it's raining now.

And threatening a fellow-poster isn't bullying, but pointing out the fact of bullying is trolling?

Well Mr Dod, bully for you.

BTW, excellent meteorological observation Mr.M

Following a rather rainy night, it is a pleasant if breezy morn with grey but pretty clouds. I understand from the met office that the day should be mostly dry and possibly sunny now and then. I wish you all a warm, cheerful and sunny day. Toodlepip!