Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bread

Sick to death of the wind and piss bread in the shops with all its fungicides, flour improvers, vinegar and too much salt? Me too. I used to make my own until I got that crappy arthritis. I never thought I would end up with a bread machine, no sir! But, here I am with it and it is probably one of the best kitchen appliances that I have EVER bought. 5 minutes to put the ingredients in the pan, press start and around 3 hours later a wonderful loaf of good, tasty, exactly as I want it bread. Lidl's flour makes it cheaper than bagged bread and I am enjoying the freedom from mass - produced loaves. Actually, I must admit that it makes a better loaf than I ever did.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts and if you use a breadmaker please put your favourite recipe here.

Long live the wonderful loaf of bread.

My best recipe in a separate reply.
    Last edited by susie; 18-May-14 at 04:19. Reason: arthritic spelling mistakes corrected!