Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are you voting yes

maybe not weird, but inconsistent ...

'My once yearly visit to this forum is about to expire (again) in the next 3 minutes..... as always, it's been fun....

Keep the faith and freedom to the free world.

Mike.

See "y'all" next year.... same time same channel. '

you posted this in april, what happened ? you get bored ?

Why do you think the conservative party are so desperate to keep hold of an area of the uk that continually votes Labour, wouldn't be a advantage for them to get rid of Scotland so they could easily win the westminster elections term after term ?

Quote Originally Posted by sk02rfo View Post
    Why do you think the conservative party are so desperate to keep hold of an area of the uk that continually votes Labour, wouldn't be a advantage for them to get rid of Scotland so they could easily win the westminster elections term after term ?
    Because they are duty bound to do what is right for the United Kingdom of great Britian and Northern Ireland, and it's inhabitants
    W.A.T.P.

The Scottish vote makes no difference to the outcome of the general elections.

If you took out the Scottish votes for every election since WW2 the results would remain the same in all but 2 and in those the only change was to move a majority to a hung parliament.

Scotland becoming independent would not ensure the Tories would win election after election. The difference independence makes to Scottish Votersis that Scotland will get a government which reflects the votes of the people of Scotland every time there is an election. That doesn't happen now. In addition if we are not happy with the way the government is meeting Scotland's needs then we can vote that government out of office in Scotland. Something else we cannot do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine-Dream View Post
    I am voting "YES!" to take the burden off the English taxpayer..... they have to pay for their NHS prescriptions to subsidise Scotland and Wales (who get free prescriptions)..... it's just not cricket and I, for one, will be shouting out a LOUD "YES!" to free England from this waste of "union" tax funds (to appease the Scots).... I am quite happy to pay £89.99 for a prescription (in an independent Scotland) and £17,500 for a check up at my (non NHS) private Scottish "clinic".... it's about time we lost the NHS and the subsidies from "westminster" and went back to good traditional Scottish health care. The NHS is totally overrated and Westminster will have us believe that "opting out" is a bad thing..... it's the way forward!! Private health care (the more expensive the better) is the way forward.... just look at the American "model".... that's what I call premium health care! Scotland will be so rich and we will all be Millionaires from the oil so don't worry, we will be able to afford it.

The Braveheart film said it all..... William Wallace (who was actually a WELSH man) declared "We will be free from Westminster! We will pay £89.99 per prescription and will be PROUD to be a nation of idiots who are free from our oppressor".

I'll get my coat.

And hat.
    The rest of the U.k. does in no way subsidise Scotland we put in more than we get out, we just manage the pittance we get a lot better than your lot at Westminster.

I do however love your sense of humour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12