Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Location of photos.............

Default Location of photos.............

I am not a local and would like help confirming the
    following photos were taken in Thurso.

The first is for sure. Near Woolworths.

but what about these from the 1970's

The first lady is Sheena Macdonald and the second younger one with the little girl is her sister Georgina. Geogina will be just shy of 60 now. They are my wife's mothers sisters children. I have access to marriage records but am hampered by the fact I do not know the married names for both women. If I can fix a location the search is narrowed

Parents are Ivy L Middleton (from Dartford) who married William Macdonald in June 1944.

The bottem two is the childrens fancy dress at the brae head in smith terrace Wick,the other one was taken in Thurso.
    "No matter how i struggle and strive i"llnever get out of this world alive"...Hank Williams

Long shot but anyone know if this is Thurso or Wick?

The Top Black & White Photograph looks like it was taken outside the Town Hall, Thurso and the shop in the background would be Woolworth's

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe