Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Eurovision - scotland entry

Default Eurovision - scotland entry

If Scotland vote Yes then for the next Eurovision I see us coming in as one of the last. Unless of course King Alex wears a beard and sings falsetto. I wouldn't put it past him, he'll do anything for a vote......
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Quote Originally Posted by Green_not_greed View Post
    If Scotland vote Yes then for the next Eurovision I see us coming in as one of the last. Unless of course King Alex wears a beard and sings falsetto. I wouldn't put it past him, he'll do anything for a vote......
    Love it lol
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

given that the Eurovision is just an EU popularity contest, Alec could go on stage in a pink tutu and blow through a trombone with his arse and we'd still get more votes than England

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    given that the Eurovision is just an EU popularity contest, Alec could go on stage in a pink tutu and blow through a trombone with his arse and we'd still get more votes than England
    would hardly be difficult, as England do not enter the contst!
    W.A.T.P.

I thought the UK song was a plausible entry and I was surprised it didn't score higher. I came to the conclusion that either our European cousins don't like us or they could hear the sarcastic remarks being made by Graham Norton about all the other entry's.
    Despite the UK song scoring low it was noticeable that most other entries prefer to sing in English.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Despite the UK song scoring low it was noticeable that most other entries prefer to sing in English.
    Quite correct as there was 20 Songs in English, 4 songs in Part English and Part their own Language and Only 2 Songs that were in their own Language. Makes you think!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Quite correct as there was 20 Songs in English, 4 songs in Part English and Part their own Language and Only 2 Songs that were in their own Language. Makes you think!
    Not really, if these countries sung in their own lingo then only a small number of viewers would find it intelligible, by using English 99% of viewers could understand it.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Not really, if these countries sung in their own lingo then only a small number of viewers would find it intelligible, by using English 99% of viewers could understand it.
    Shame the Scottish Government don't take the same view on Gaelic lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Shame the Scottish Government don't take the same view on Gaelic lol!
    Does fatboy sing in Gaelic?
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    would hardly be difficult, as England do not enter the contst!
    i thought we were talking hypothetically, if Scotland gains independance then the UK/English entry will continue to suffer the anti-english 'nil points'

if Wales were independant from the UK i reckon Bonnie Tyler would have won last year

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    i thought we were talking hypothetically, if Scotland gains independance then the UK/English entry will continue to suffer the anti-english 'nil points'

if Wales were independant from the UK i reckon Bonnie Tyler would have won last year
    But Bonie Tyler sung for the UK, therefore surely the same scenario would have developed. The only difference would be that Walses would have has their own entry.
    Why do you assume that it is anti-English tactical voting?
    It could be for all you know anti-British voting, or perhaps it is because our entry is year on year a steaming pile of horse manure that our scores are so low.
    W.A.T.P.