Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Which Scottish films for 18th september?

Default Which Scottish films for 18th september?

Which films do you think should be broadcasted on TV to get people in the best mood for a) Voting Yes for Scottish Independence. b) Voting No for Scottish Independence??

My answers are

a) Brave

b) Skyfall
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

That recent one about "Maggie", scare the populace into voting Yes.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Any epic disaster movie should fit the bill.

Duh!! - Independence Day of course.....(Shhh, We can pretend the English are the Aliens and stick the boot in!)

The Poseidon Adventure - Just as many plot holes in the film as there are in Fat Eck's YES script!

Titanic - With Fat Eck playing the last fiddle as the iceberg laughs

Towering Inferno - Fat Eck's indy dream all goes up in a raging ball of flame

The day after tomorrow - Fat Eck get's frozen out of Holyrood after a failed indy campaign
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

TBH, I can't think of one film that is tailor-made to make Scots feel great about being part of the UK.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    TBH, I can't think of one film that is tailor-made to make Scots feel great about being part of the UK.
    The Battle of Britain

"The great escape" - obvious choice for the YES voters

"V" - To alert the Scots that there may be English governmental lizards in disguise trying to retake Scotland

"The longest day" - Eck at the counting house on the night of the 18th, sweating his nuts off

"The long, good, Friday" - where all the Scots can party for 24 hours having won "Freedom!"

"Restless Natives" - Not for the clown and wolfman masks but because all Scots WILL be restless natives on the 18th!

"The man from Atlantis" - showing us all how to breather underwater when (as many says) Scotland will sink off the rUK and into oblivion

"The road to nowhere" - The statement that the English govt says that the YES vote will take us that route...
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    The Battle of Britain
    Errr....NO. A film that was made to show how the RAF beat off the Jerries during WWII is not going to cut it Ducati...It was a film made in England in English film studios, i don't think the French director or the producers had the idea that the film would make Scottish people feel great about being part of the UK although i will give it a teeny bit of consideration due to one of the writes (Kennaway) being Scottish!

Trainspotting. Post independence, this will be a popular hobby near the international border with England, when the rUK abandon trains running further north than Carlisle. And the plot will be a fairly accurate depiction of post independence Central Belt life once the Peoples Republic of Orkney, Shetland and the Western Isles vote to keep the oil to themselves!

Doomed? A great film for the Yes supporters.....

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Doomed? A great film for the Yes supporters.....
    Do you mean Doomsday? If you don't think too much into the film its actually a decent watch.

Taken from Wikipedia - "In 2008, an unknown killer virus, dubbed "The Reaper Virus", has infected Scotland, turning people into savage animals and killing the host. The UK government cannot quarantine the virus because they have neither cure nor vaccine, and they decide to build a 60-foot containment wall over the border with Scotland, isolating it from the rest of Britain, and also the docks, airports and bridges, preventing it from spreading. "
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

" Brigadoon "
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux.

That Sinking Feeling! Whichever side you vote for :-)