Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is my car cool or have I made a horrible mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Bliddy hell someone spent money restoring that!

The brief was: 'A Fiat 128 is too good for our citizens so we will make 'em ourselves in a tractor factory with intermitent electricity and no quality control'.
    Come on Ducati, admit it, you think its cool dont you?
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Come on Ducati, admit it, you think its cool dont you?
    Even the restorer couldn't get the panel gaps right!

that just adds to its charm
    W.A.T.P.

ok what about this 1960's felicia rag top?

W.A.T.P.

ok what about this 1960's felicia rag top?

AAAGGHHH! Although it does have Lucas indicators.

Have you noticed that the chassis is so awesomely cool, that all the wheels are pointing in different directions?
    Last edited by ducati; 01-May-14 at 20:43.

For avoidance of doubt, as you don't seem to know, this, is a cool car.

Attachment 23683
    Last edited by ducati; 01-May-14 at 20:59.

For avoidance of doubt, as you don't seem to know, this, is a cool car.

Attachment 23683
    if you like vehicles that handle like a blancmange
    W.A.T.P.

if you like vehicles that handle like a blancmange
    And what, pray tell, sweet handling ride was your grandfather driving in 1949? Mine's was called Neddy.

And what, pray tell, sweet handling ride was your grandfather driving in 1949? Mine's was called Neddy.
    Perry Como was cool in 1949 also
    W.A.T.P.

The '49 Chevy looks much cooler in black.....

Around 1949-1950, my grandfather drove an MG TC. One of the coolest cars of that time. Seen a couple of pics with him and my nan in it. The MG also handled better than a blancmange too!
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    The '49 Chevy looks much cooler in black.....

Around 1949-1950, my grandfather drove an MG TC. One of the coolest cars of that time. Seen a couple of pics with him and my nan in it. The MG also handled better than a blancmange too!
    He must have been a wealthy man. It's a Pontiac Silver Streak. An everymans car, 20 years ahead of anything on this side of the pond. With about 4 times the power of the MG, it didn't really need to handle. But it was designed for the type of road that wouldn't be available in Europe (apart from Germany) for another 20 years.
    Last edited by ducati; 03-May-14 at 22:07.

This has set me off at another tangent. At some point, not sure when, as Ford and General Motors started to globalise, someone somewhere decided that we couldn't have proper full sized cars and would have to put up with what the Americans refere to as sub-compact cars. We've been driving around (mostly) in stupid little cars ever since. It stinks!

Sort of cool related;

I was having a blether with a biker guy the other day while I was valeting his car. It came up that I have been riding bikes for nearly 40 years (38 to be precise). I've never been to a bike rally, I've never been in a club, I've never grown a beard and I've never had a tattoo (or anything pierced ). He thought this a bit odd.
    Last edited by ducati; 05-May-14 at 09:40.

He must have been a wealthy man. It's a Pontiac Silver Streak. An everymans car, 20 years ahead of anything on this side of the pond. With about 4 times the power of the MG, it didn't really need to handle. But it was designed for the type of road that wouldn't be available in Europe (apart from Germany) for another 20 years.
    Lol, there was me thinking i knew my muscle cars. Defo looks like a 49 chevy on a quick scan but yeah, now i have my specs on, the differences are glaringly obvious to me . As for my gramps, i never knew his wealth nor did i ever meet him, he passed on before i was born. I remember my dad telling me my grandfather was drunk and piled the MG into a barn on the way home and promptly fell asleep only to be woken up by the farmer's wife poking him with a shotgun. Also when my grandfather and some friends wanted to play football after a days drinking and there were no goalposts on one end of the field, my grandfather reversed the MG up to the line and used it as one post while there was a basket or something similar used for the other side. Apparently he punched someone who shot wide and hit the MG and a right old rumpus ensued after which gramps was promptly huckled off to the local nick. Whether or not the stories are true, i have no idea but still make me chuckle :-)

I reckon my grandfather was cool, does that count??
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Lol, there was me thinking i knew my muscle cars. Defo looks like a 49 chevy on a quick scan but yeah, now i have my specs on, the differences are glaringly obvious to me . As for my gramps, i never knew his wealth nor did i ever meet him, he passed on before i was born. I remember my dad telling me my grandfather was drunk and piled the MG into a barn on the way home and promptly fell asleep only to be woken up by the farmer's wife poking him with a shotgun. Also when my grandfather and some friends wanted to play football after a days drinking and there were no goalposts on one end of the field, my grandfather reversed the MG up to the line and used it as one post while there was a basket or something similar used for the other side. Apparently he punched someone who shot wide and hit the MG and a right old rumpus ensued after which gramps was promptly huckled off to the local nick. Whether or not the stories are true, i have no idea but still make me chuckle :-)

I reckon my grandfather was cool, does that count??
    Yes he sounds like a cool dude. Unlike me apparently.

Yes he sounds like a cool dude. Unlike me apparently.
    Join the club! get a piercing, go to a rally, shave your head, grow a goatee, get some inkings and then you will look semi-decent if you pretend you are cool.....oh and don't forget the big fat target on the back of your leather jacket, y'know, the one where the Scots will be throwing spears at when you are last seen scuttling off over the border come indy day

Join the club! get a piercing, go to a rally, shave your head, grow a goatee, get some inkings and then you will look semi-decent if you pretend you are cool
    Nah, I'm a non conformist!

Time to talk about Bikes.

No American Motorcycle is cool (discuss).

No Scooter is cool (sorry they just aren't).

Some old British bikes are cool but not many. Modern british bikes are not cool.

All Italian bikes are cool. Every one that has ever been made. Except for the Ducati Paso. sheesh! No-one even wanted to park next to it.

No American styled Japanese bike is cool, how could it be?

No new era (made in China, India, Malaysia, Indonesia etc.) bike is cool, although given time, some are starting to show promise.

It is possible to customise an uncool bike and make it cool (but not in your garage).

Many Japanese bikes are cool but not all of them.

Cool engine sizes are 900 upwards to about 12 and a bit hundred cc no bigger than that.

750cc bikes used to be cool but they aren't anymore and 800cc bikes are just wierd.

Oh I forgot about German bikes...er no.
    Last edited by ducati; 07-May-14 at 22:43.

Bikes?....nah.....not many are cool....mainly cos i don't have one at the moment

i was going to write an essay but fed up battling on here now. Doesn't matter what you say, someone always takes it and either twists it round or throws it back at you so i'll pass on this one.

Bikes?....nah.....not many are cool....mainly cos i don't have one at the moment

i was going to write an essay but fed up battling on here now. Doesn't matter what you say, someone always takes it and either twists it round or throws it back at you so i'll pass on this one.
    Blimey! It's only a bit of a laugh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123