Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are you voting No?

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    sorry, i was being a pedant, i meant they reside on the org
    Don't know about pedant but it defiantly begins with p and ends in s
    W.A.T.P.

I am also voting No because as an Englishman, my country can continue to loot Scotland's fossil fuel, mineral and renewable energy wealth to my fellow countrymen all beneath the Scots noses. This cosy arrangement's greatest triumph is to convince Scots that this is good for the Scottish economy. And I know full well that without Scotland's huge renewable energy resource, England will default on its EU green obligations, so I will try my utmost to save my England from fines from the EU and to prevent my family's country pile from having to be near a wind farm.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Don't know about pedant but it defiantly begins with p and ends in s
    lol touche ...... (you meant penis right ?)

lol touche ...... (you meant penis right ?)
    ill not answer that
    you cannot beat a bit of org banter
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I am also voting No because as an Englishman, my country can continue to loot Scotland's fossil fuel, mineral and renewable energy wealth to my fellow countrymen all beneath the Scots noses. This cosy arrangement's greatest triumph is to convince Scots that this is good for the Scottish economy. And I know full well that without Scotland's huge renewable energy resource, England will default on its EU green obligations, so I will try my utmost to save my England from fines from the EU and to prevent my family's country pile from having to be near a wind farm.
    you're spot on there, but if the yes vote wins, do all the wind farms in scotland belong to scotland ? who actually owns them ?

you're spot on there, but if the yes vote wins, do all the wind farms in scotland belong to scotland ? who actually owns them ?
    I'm fearful that the Scottish Green Party will gain power in Scotland and nationalise the wind farms (as they have alluded to) and then the profits will cease to flow southwards into my countrymen's pockets. The worse case scenario is that the profit will then be redirected to provide health care and education for Scottish people through central provision.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 25-Apr-14 at 20:27.

I'm fearful that the Scottish Green Party will gain power in Scotland and nationalise the wind farms (as they have alluded to) and then the profits will cease to flow southwards into my countrymen's pockets. The worse case scenario is that the profit will then be redirected to provide health care and education for Scottish people through central provision.
    careful now, or golach will insist you remove these posts and put them in the pro independance threads.

seriously though, thanks for your answer.

careful now, or golach will insist you remove these posts and put them in the pro independance threads.

seriously though, thanks for your answer.
    Cheers, I need to keep the Union together because England is going to a greater profit based economy where I am convinced that profit will trickle down into meaningful benefits like rich employment for all. Scotland on the other hand is too left leaning for my liking so it is imperative that it goes along with what England is doing. The Scots even have the soppiness to put the word 'Compassion' on their ceremonial mace, you won't see such namby pamby nonsense on the English ceremonial mace in Westminster.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 25-Apr-14 at 20:46.

Oh yes...I'm voting no because of the nutters as well.

I'm voting NO just to spite the English and leave them lumbered with Scotland!
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

What? Anti Englishness in the no campaign? Surely not lol

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    What? Anti Englishness in the no campaign? Surely not lol
    Not to mention welsh and northern Irish
    W.A.T.P.

At least if that happens there won't be any more of the things.

I'm voting no because I want to benefit from modern Nuclear energy in future.

Well not me, I generate my own with a giant diesel generator and a couple of solar panels and a teeny wind turbine.
    Last edited by ducati; 26-Apr-14 at 10:11.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    I'm voting no because I want to benefit from modern Nuclear energy in future.

Well not me, I generate my own with a giant diesel generator and a couple of solar panels and a teeny wind turbine.

Not gonna be much use when Scotland runs out of oil, the skies darken (as predicted by some) and there will be so many windfarms that there will be no wind left for any private individual and his teeny wind turbine
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

I'm voting no because i am worried about the country's future. Aye it could be good as yes campaign want us to beleive but what about the people out there who are disabled and can't work due to their diability and are worried about what will happen to them because no one is really answering the key questions so many need answered. So unless the yes campaign can actually answer key questions about the future of our country then i will vote no.

The way the uk is run as a whole is not great and it is about time english paraliment listened to the scots instead of as so many english people do, think we don't exist in the uk. I despair everytime i see someone in england say there are north of the uk. Some of my english friends do untill i teasingly remind them there are alot of north ahead of them in scotland.

The UK lets face it faced a really bad weather with alot of damage and flooding. Who's to say thats not going to happen again this winter. With too many flood plains built on it will happen again. The Uk needs to stand united together but better as a team. Together we can weather anything but split with stupid arguments about who is the best as is still clearly done by so mnay people, we will just fall.

Things have to change but not as split countries. Our current system will not support itself forever and things like bedroom tax need to be scrapped due to what it is doing to so many people. Isn't the fact that food banks in both scotland and england have suddenly becoem so urgently needed a sure sign of the poverty put on the uk's residents not good enough to abolish that tax that is crippling so many residents of the uk?

We need to stand together and make changes together as one big team. Split one side of the border will fall but together we can stand strong.

Now if it was a stay in the eu vote coming up i'd be voting no for sure as we are defintly better off out of it.

You do realise Westminster is not the English parliament, it's the British parliament
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    You do realise Westminster is not the English parliament, it's the British parliament
    No it isn't the British Parliament......it is just called the British Parliament......but it is just the English Parliament of 1707 with all the attendant trappings still in place, and with a minority of representatives from the other Countries.

Do tell how much say Scotland (and/or NI/Wales) has when English Constituency MPs vote to implement something the majority of their MPs have voted against? That would be none, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    No it isn't the British Parliament......it is just called the British Parliament......but it is just the English Parliament of 1707 with all the attendant trappings still in place, and with a minority of representatives from the other Countries.

Do tell how much say Scotland (and/or NI/Wales) has when English Constituency MPs vote to implement something the majority of their MPs have voted against? That would be none, of course.
    And yet, we are still voting NO.

I'm voting NO because despite whatever reasoned argument that is placed before me, nobody can accuse me of changing my mind on such important matters like the UK Constitution.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast