Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
do you think it will ignite warfare based on religious bigotry?
Interesting, its quite possible these folk that believe in mythical characters can be volatile.
Not warfare per se, but the facts are that a certain % of the west of scotland population see themselves as unionists, another % as Irish / Scots ( seperated by religous divides ) and a certain % non committal either way, and this is in the area of the largest population : nutters make up a certain % of any society, I fear that some folk are not going to be to chuffed that their identities will be taken away, ie made to be Scottish : Im British / European and if its a yes vote I will have to accept that overnight my nationality will change whether I like it or not, my fear is some wont be so, shall we say, accepting of this scenario. Or maybe life will just trundle on with same old apathy ? Or maybe old loyalties and identites will keep pressing on regardless of a yes vote, dunno, but sectariansim is in the here and now, and wont vanish overnight because we are all Scottish, not British. The SNP have had links with loony / extremist elements in the past on the road to where they are now thats a proven historical fact, so maybe,just maybe, loony elements will spring up to protect their identities ! We are not, nor have ever been a united nation, everyone honestly knows the divide in west of scotland and Ive struggled with the notion of an independant Scotland on that very basis....we are not a united nation, thats the fatal flaw as far as I see it.