Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Why are you voting No?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why are you voting No?

It has been said by a couple of people on here now that No voters are too scared to vote yes.

Perhaps we should enlighten them. Careful what you say though boys and girls, we wouldn't want to upset anyone.

Back in the 60/70's I was a fully paid up card carrying member of the nationalist party, but I lost faith in them during the 1970 Election campaign, the dirty tricks that were pulled by the Edinburgh Area was unreal, it sickened me of nationalist politics from then on. I see no difference today in the tactics that were played back then. So I will and have always been a committed NO voter since.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Because first and foremost I am proud to be from the United Kingdom of Great Britian and Northern Ireland and I wish to remain that way.
    Secondly there are far too many questions that have remained unanswered and potential problems that remain unresolved.
    Thirdly I believe the fatman is on a power trip and to hell with the repercussions.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Because first and foremost I am proud to be from the United Kingdom of Great Britian and Northern Ireland and I wish to remain that way.
    Secondly there are far too many questions that have remained unanswered and potential problems that remain unresolved.
    Thirdly I believe the fatman is on a power trip and to hell with the repercussions.
    My thoughts to the T.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    See the first part I absolutely understand - to love Britain and want to stay United makes utter sense. It's exactly the same with those people voting YES who believe that Scotland is a nation in its own right and as such should have its own government. The second part I understand too, it is personal as to whether there are enough answers or answers that address your particular issues. That will depend on each individuals critical issues and will be different for each of us. The Alex Salmond thing I don't get, there is a poster thing doing the rounds which shows a man talking to a wee lassie and he says "I voted NO cos I hated Alex Salmond" and she says "Who?" Alex Salmond is transient and will pass into history either way.
    Whee did I say i hated the man?
    I said he is on a power trip and does not care about what is left afterward, all in my opinion.
    Also it was the third and least important factor in my decision making.
    Not that it was a tough decision to make, took roughly 0.3 seconds to decide.
    W.A.T.P.

I'm voting no because I am not 100% satisfied Independence is right for Scotland. Rather a no vote and we stay part of the UK than a yes vote and it all goes tits up.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

That just about sums it up for me.

Totally in agreement !
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Nothing to do with being a Rangers fan then lol.
    Més que un club

Quote Originally Posted by The Flea View Post
    Nothing to do with being a Rangers fan then lol.
    What on earth does football have to do with the referendum?
    W.A.T.P.

Thats a very good question.....watp
    Més que un club