Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are you voting No?

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Because first and foremost I am proud to be from the United Kingdom of Great Britian and Northern Ireland and I wish to remain that way.
    Secondly there are far too many questions that have remained unanswered and potential problems that remain unresolved.
    Thirdly I believe the fatman is on a power trip and to hell with the repercussions.
    Totally in agreement !
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post

I want to vote NO because i don't see answers to the economic future and well-being of my country from the current Scottish Parliament.

But, and it's a big BUT! (no, not kardashian style either....tch tch really...)

I so want to vote YES because i feel it is right for the country and right to at least have a go on our own.

.....and stick two fingers up to the rest of the world.

!
    Go with with the logic BG and bin your Braveheart DVD.
    And don't confuse the current Scottish Parliament with the current Scottish Ministers.

Quote Originally Posted by ywindythesecond View Post
    Go with with the logic BG and bin your Braveheart DVD.
    And don't confuse the current Scottish Parliament with the current Scottish Ministers.
    Ach ah know fine well it's only a bit of Braveheart blow but you got to put it in there :-) FREEEEDOOOOOMMMMMM!!! stabba stabba snippety snip...

As for the current wahoos, parliament or ministers, nobody, not one of them, is giving truthful or proper answers on the economic and well-being of Scotland if a yes vote happens. I also don't like that fact that the pompous pink podge is hell bent on throwing us back to the mercy of Brussels either if the yes vote goes through. It's a lose-lose lose-lose...er did i say lose-lose? situation whichever way you look at it.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

I'm no voting no.

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    I'm no voting no.
    I'll say the same to you Pirate Lassie as I said to Big Gaz. Bin you Braveheart DVD. But also get your head in gear and start thinking logically about the practicalities. NATO - stay in, but get out of Faslane? Have our own defense force? Oblige England to continue to pay for Scottish windfarms?
    And massive grid upgrades? Will there be a border? Will Scotland have an immigration policy? Will the Welsh need a visa to come here?
    Start thinking PL, a referendum is only for yes or no. After that there would be a long time wondering what the hell have we got ourselves in to and how are we to get out of this mess.

to all those voting no your quite welcome to stay in the united kingdom, if the yes vote wins, move

Quote Originally Posted by TisIivy View Post
    to all those voting no your quite welcome to stay in the united kingdom, if the yes vote wins, move
    will you be relocating when the No vote is returned then?
    moving in the event of a yes may be easier said than done
    W.A.T.P.

I take it you are voting YES? if so, then better get your moving plans in order now. I hear MacSassenachs removals do a good deal but only up to the Scottish border, further than that the price increases 10-fold and only payable in Yankee Dollah!
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

There we go!

Quote Originally Posted by ywindythesecond View Post
    I'll say the same to you Pirate Lassie as I said to Big Gaz. Bin you Braveheart DVD. But also get your head in gear and start thinking logically about the practicalities. NATO - stay in, but get out of Faslane? Have our own defense force? Oblige England to continue to pay for Scottish windfarms?And massive grid upgrades? Will there be a border? Will Scotland have an immigration policy? Will the Welsh need a visa to come here? Start thinking PL, a referendum is only for yes or no. After that there would be a long time wondering what the hell have we got ourselves in to and how are we to get out of this mess.
    You know lol it so only NO voters who mention Braveheart as a reason people are voting YES. Thinking practically ywindy there are no reasons why any of the issues you raise are not achievable in an Independent Scotland. In fact all the information about why they are achievable is out there. The energy issues you raise seem to suggest that an Independent Scotland would do just the same as what it does now as part of the Uk. We can choose something completely different and vote in 2016 for alternatives in a way we can't do now. The border visa and immigration issues are all answered and planned for. Scotland ALREADY has a border - nothing would change, an Independent Scotland would NOT require people from Wales to obtain a visa to visit Scotland and immigration policy would be decided by a Scottish Government and designed to meet the needs of an Independent Scotland in a way which Westminster's policy does not.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    You know lol it so only NO voters who mention Braveheart as a reason people are voting YES. Thinking practically ywindy there are no reasons why any of the issues you raise are not achievable in an Independent Scotland. In fact all the information about why they are achievable is out there. The energy issues you raise seem to suggest that an Independent Scotland would do just the same as what it does now as part of the Uk. We can choose something completely different and vote in 2016 for alternatives in a way we can't do now. The border visa and immigration issues are all answered and planned for. Scotland ALREADY has a border - nothing would change, an Independent Scotland would NOT require people from Wales to obtain a visa to visit Scotland and immigration policy would be decided by a Scottish Government and designed to meet the needs of an Independent Scotland in a way which Westminster's policy does not.
    You just can't help yourself can you?

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    There we go!
    The point is you have a choice Ducati. If I don't like living somewhere I move away. If I want to live somewhere I move to it. Your choice - no one is chasing you out with a claymore.

The point is you have a choice Ducati. If I don't like living somewhere I move away. If I want to live somewhere I move to it. Your choice - no one is chasing you out with a claymore.
    There are plenty that would like to. My point being, I am in Scotland as part of the UK as a right. I would not like to be here on sufference or subject to the whims of people I don't trust.
    Last edited by ducati; 25-Apr-14 at 12:31.

You just can't help yourself can you?
    Lol lol lol. I decided you had let the thread move on without my help so I could now step in without influencing its direction. Although maybe it's just me you have a problem with . Also you know I can't see misunderstanding, misinterpretation, confusion lies or nonsense posted without trying to redress the balance a bit don't you.

Lol lol lol. I decided you had let the thread move on without my help so I could now step in without influencing its direction. Although maybe it's just me you have a problem with . Also you know I can't see misunderstanding, misinterpretation, confusion lies or nonsense posted without trying to redress the balance a bit don't you.
    I can't either. I don't have a problem with you, (most people that do get banned) just some of your ideas. Is tisIivy one of your non existent nationalists?

There are plenty that would like to. My point being, I am in Scotland as part of the UK as a right. I would not like to be here on sufference or subject to the wims of people I don't trust.
    You are here cos you want to be. You will be given the absolute right to stay here on the day of independence and that will never be able to be taken away from you Ducati. Everyone living in Scotland on Independence Day will have a right to Scottish Citizenship. Even if you choose not to take it up. That's in addition to the rights you have as a British or EU citizen. Your rights as an English Person living in Scotland are protected up the ying yang no whim of anyone will take that away from you.

I can't either. I don't have a problem with you, just some of your ideas. Is tisIivy one of your non existent nationalists?
    I know you don't lol and I see no evidence to suggest tisIivy is anti English. Do you?

You are here cos you want to be. You will be given the absolute right to stay here on the day of independence and that will never be able to be taken away from you Ducati. Everyone living in Scotland on Independence Day will have a right to Scottish Citizenship. Even if you choose not to take it up. That's in addition to the rights you have as a British or EU citizen. Your rights as an English Person living in Scotland are protected up the ying yang no whim of anyone will take that away from you.
    You just proved my point: "You will be given the absolute right to stay here".

I already have the absolute right to stay here.

I know you don't lol and I see no evidence to suggest tisIivy is anti English. Do you?
    Do you even know where the lines are? You certainly can't read between them.

Do you even know where the lines are? You certainly can't read between them.
    Lol Ducati, I can read between your lines.

You on the other hand assume so much. To suggest that the post is posted by an anti English You assume that either all no voters are English or all English people are no voters. Neither of which is true.
    You also assume that tisIivy is a Scottish Nationalist when that is not evident. You also assume that the post was from a Yes Voter when it may actually have been from a No voter and leaving Scotland is what they are doing.

You know if you are worried that tisIivy was one of the English hating bigots you see at every YES meeting you haven't been to or on every YES stall you haven't approached on the street or in every YES supporting household you haven't visited. You could have asked further questions of the poster before jumping to conclusions. But then that would not suit your poor persecuted minority persona and might even have lightened the chip you seem to be carrying around with you these days.

A wise person I once knew said "Assume makes an ass of you and me" - but only if I let it. I'm not and You should be smarter than that.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast