Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J Fats Band

I always loved AC30's... aye, they are noisy s, but that was the appeal for me... crank them up and play. I loved the broken sound that they produced.. roll back the volume and you could get some really nice chimey clean sounds from it.

I'm sure Dave Hilton could do a fantastic job of that AC30, you know as well as I do, that he's a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    I'm sure Dave Hilton could do a fantastic job of that AC30, you know as well as I do, that he's a genius.
    He's had it for 8 years. Nuff sed!!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

I recorded a lead part on Blues D'ecosse using the AC30 along with a fan on slow speed in front of the speaker with a mic behind the fan..................the line into the vox was a sim. les paul from the variaxe & another sim. les paul from a VG8 that also went thru an AC30

I swear I fought for about 2 1/2-3 hours before I got a sound out of the gnarly old beast.................& IT WAS LOUD

I liked the combination of the AC30 & the twin...............especially if you patched across all the AC30 channels before daisy chaining to the twin or in stereo with the gibson or a guild stereo SG thang

FTR the fan was a tip I picked up from reading about a producer who worked with people like Tom Morello amongst others

Ye'd have all looked a lot bonnier way me in the photies way 'e. You ken it till be true. See y'all 'e Fattses in April when I'm up north.

I'm impressed. Wullies twin reverb is a 78. I originally bought it then and sold it on to him in the early 90's. I'm using a 98 Vox ac30 now. Best sounding amp I have had.

What make of valves are you guys using in your AC30? I know they take ECC83 and EL84 but do you have a personal favourite brand / vintage?

Quote Originally Posted by The_man_from_del_monte View Post
    What make of valves are you guys using in your AC30? I know they take ECC83 and EL84 but do you have a personal favourite brand / vintage?
    AC 30's use EL83 not 84. Russian valves seem to do the job, Groove Tubes are not worth the money and I haven't tried cyrogenics yet but will soon. 6L6's and KT66's are used a lot but the rest of my amps use EL34'S including the Binson power amp I have just obtained.

Negative... Vox use EL84's in the power amp section.

Negative... Vox use EL84's in the power amp section.
    In retrospect, of course you are right. Once more I can claim old age as an excuse. My aplogies Pine-apple Man.

I dunno if you're actually being serious or not. If you're not, you can check the Vox website.

Old age seems to be your excuse for everything
    Last edited by Jeid; 05-Mar-07 at 20:31.

I dunno if you're actually being serious or not. If you're not, you can check the Vox website.

Old age seems to be your excuse for everything
    Not an excuse, fact of life. Of course you're right. You have no idea how horrible it is to have to admit to such a mistake in this case!!!!

indeed he is!
    he restored a sessionette 75 of mines!
    drummer yes, so dont know much about geetars!

but yeah!

Genuis! he he
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    In retrospect, of course you are right. Once more I can claim old age as an excuse. My aplogies Pine-apple Man.
    Yeh, I know I am The Russian's ain't bad, try some new old stock (NOS) Mullards man they will blow your mind (a bit more than it already is) next time I see you play I'll bring a few along with me.

Quote Originally Posted by The_man_from_del_monte View Post
    Yeh, I know I am The Russian's ain't bad, try some new old stock (NOS) Mullards man they will blow your mind (a bit more than it already is) next time I see you play I'll bring a few along with me.
    Get in touch. I have a few amps in dire need!!!!!Mostly EL34

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    Get in touch. I have a few amps in dire need!!!!!Mostly EL34
    Will do man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12