Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Responsible driver praised

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Responsible driver praised

Crashed into wall and bus shelter
    A MAN, who lost control of his car, crashed into a drystone wall then a vacant bus shelter.
    Twenty-eight-year-old Alan Wade admitted careless driving when he appeared at Wick Sheriff Court today.
    The offence occurred in Upper Burnside, Thurso, near the accused’s home at No 1, on February 9.
    Police were alerted through a phone call from a resident who heard “a loud bang”
    Wade told officers that the car’s wheels had “locked up” in the wet conditions and the car had spun off the road.
    He added: “Before I knew it, I had hit the wall and the bus shelter.”
    The accused, who works away from home, was praised for taking responsibility for his actions.
    Fiscal David Barclay said that despite working in the south, Wade had adopted a “refreshing” approach and kept in touch with the authorities about the offence, as opposed to taking the view –“I am away from home...I’ll just ignore it.”
    Sheriff Andrew Berry also commended Wade who was fined £250 and incurred three penalty points.

Last edited by Nwicker60; 17-Apr-14 at 16:13.