Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power outage

No..............
    W.A.T.P.

We were on holiday in Ardnamurchan - no power, no internet, no mobile signal no sign of life, utterly utterly silent, a mist gathering.... - i was a bit concerned that our campaign for Scottish Independence had had a cataclysmic effect on World peace as George Robertson had suggested and that Philip Hammond's suggestion that we were face to face with threats from space had indeed come true and we were facing the end of the world as we know but then the lights came back on - phew!

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    We were on holiday in Ardnamurchan - no power, no internet, no mobile signal no sign of life, utterly utterly silent, a mist gathering.... - i was a bit concerned that our campaign for Scottish Independence had had a cataclysmic effect on World peace as George Robertson had suggested and that Philip Hammond's suggestion that we were face to face with threats from space had indeed come true and we were facing the end of the world as we know but then the lights came back on - phew!
    Thats the way I remember Ardnamurchan. I thought you were extolling your holiday venue until you mentioned lights coming back on!

Hmmn I thought no light /no tv/radio...candles only ...romantic ...see ya in the morning!...then ill kid
    Just the snotty nose thing...but well and truly switched my plans round as kids do!...nhs 24 is not great!...
    over the magic 40Deg ...
    Last edited by Dadie; 19-Apr-14 at 23:47.
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Quote Originally Posted by ywindythesecond View Post
    Thats the way I remember Ardnamurchan. I thought you were extolling your holiday venue until you mentioned lights coming back on!
    I was. The lights came on but there was still no internet, no mobile signal, no sign of life, utterly utterly silent, a mist gathering..... It's been wonderful! Next year it is 40 years since I first visited this wonderful place. I never tire of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    Interesting that no 'cause' has been attributed despite the engineers inspecting the line.

Couldn't have been a malicious wee hacker compromising the system, could it?
    As they fixed it, presumably they knew what it was they were fixing?

Still no explanation for the outage on the Hydro's Power Distribution Facebook page or on the News page of their website

Quote Originally Posted by spurtle View Post
    As they fixed it, presumably they knew what it was they were fixing?
    It could be like when the trip switch goes at home, your never sure what made it trip. They went through the motions of putting the lever back up, but never knew what made it flip.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12