Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Kevin "the head" Sinclair's "museum"

Default Kevin "the head" Sinclair's "museum"

Anyone know what happened to it? Anyone ever visit it? Was travelling back from Wick to Thurso on Castletown Road today....and just wondered.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

He became unwell for a while and packed it in, so he said.

There was more to the story than that, as you may imagine.

He moved to Tasmania.I had dinner with him in Hobart.He comes back to visit occasionally.

Default Where’s KEV.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dog-eared View Post
    He moved to Tasmania.I had dinner with him in Hobart.He comes back to visit occasionally.
    Met him today at Loch Watten, with his fellow traveller Margaret from Tasmania, they were picnicking at the east end of the loch. The location could do with a shelter of some sort to protect from the rain & wind, yet still be able to see the beautiful loch and the passing traffic.......
    He is visiting his mother who is 92, and was staying at a place in Castletown (Finlaysons ? )
    I greeted him in the universal manner for a Caithnessian “How TF are ye doin’ Kev, whits fresh in Tasmania ?”
    To which his travelling companion replied “How the hell did you know that !”
    I replied that he went to school with a buddy of mine and we last met in Tescos cafe in Thurso about 7 or 8 years ago. KEV confirmed that this was indeed true, and that we had coffee that day.
    Needless to say that he is fine, has had a heart op, and has been 29 yrs in Tassie, lives in Hobart.
    As he had volunteered this information i felt that I should not delve further, which I suppose goes against the grain of my Caithness heritage. Instead, we chatted about the worthies we knew and where they were now, a bit like “div ye mind”. KEV of course is a great orator and could chat about a myriad of subjects whether heknew what he was talking about or not. [editors note: read atween the lines].
    We parted company as ‘e dowgies were chewin’ my troosers, anxious to be up the road for a dogtreat, or a sniff at the neighbours bush......
    As I meandered up the road to “Chez Pete” I thought how fantastic it was for a couple from the opposite end of the world could be recognised and made feel welcome in this wonderful and unique land of ours.
    As my ould father used to say in his rich Irish brogue “Ye can run, but ye cannie hide”
    Last edited by 307; 22-Oct-17 at 16:01.
    ............. 308Hdi ....
    ............. Tucson 1.7 CRDI.....