Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: royal membroblia

Default royal membroblia

posting for a friend could anyone please advise him , he has found some unseen film of king george V! and the queen mother, he is thinking it may be worth a bit of money but does not know where to go or who to see , he is hoping he has found a little treasure , so can anyone one advise him on how he should go about it many thanks

you could email the BBC.

how does he know its unseen?
    May be worth a few bob if it is the case though
    W.A.T.P.

it would not have been for general release as filmed by general public it was in with a box of junk brought from a auction

got to be worth something then if of a broadcastable quality
    W.A.T.P.

Personally I think it should be donated to the National Film Archives. They will be able to restore it and save it for future generations. There is no need to be greedy so donate it.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Personally I think it should be donated to the National Film Archives. They will be able to restore it and save it for future generations. There is no need to be greedy so donate it.
    Why is it greedy? If I'd have found it I would keep it and if it was worth anything I'd sell it to the highest bidder. If I couldn't come to an agreement, I'd burn it under their noses.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    Why is it greedy? If I'd have found it I would keep it and if it was worth anything I'd sell it to the highest bidder. If I couldn't come to an agreement, I'd burn it under their noses.
    ...& that's being petty.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    ...& that's being petty.
    Yep, it sure is.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Expecting to get a fair price for it is not greed.
    W.A.T.P.

All for you getting a good price, but, and there always is. I have seen cans of film going for sale on "Bargain hunt", "Flog it" and shows of that ilk, and they could not be sold, because of the Copyright Laws, hope this is not the case.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more