Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Boundary Changes and polling stations

Default Boundary Changes and polling stations

Got an email from the council saying there would be boundary changes and that polling stations would change.
    http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcounc...ds/default.htm
    The map near me makes no sense - no roads, names - rivers or indication of what it shows.
    Also Canisbay and Dunnet Halls are unsuitable due to internal lighting issues - so voting will move to Mey Hall -
    only 5 miles away it says - but say if you are already 4 miles the other side 18 miles round trip to vote won't help turnout.
    I don't see an issue with Britannia Hall at all unless no one has a pound for the meters!
    Anyone got any thoughts?

Seems it's just you then
    Why not do a postal vote instead?
    Last edited by mi16; 12-Apr-14 at 08:19.
    W.A.T.P.

I haven't heard anything about this so read all the info provided in davem's link and it is a statutory requirement for councils to review their polling station needs every four years. As mi16 says there is always the postal vote.
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein