Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: RIP Margo MacDonald

Default RIP Margo MacDonald

Rip to one of the most honest and decent of Scottish politicians, she saw through the corruption of the Snp leadership, there will be no one to replace her
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Agreed, I listened to her a few times and she was one of the good ones.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Agreed, I listened to her a few times and she was one of the good ones.
    Margo was one of the good ones....by a country mile. She'll be missed in Scottish politics.

Had to shake my head a Golach's post though....the main reason she fell out with the SNP leadership was nothing to do with corruption.....but because Margo wanted Independence, nothing less, the leadership was going with the gradualism of devolution and she objected to the dilution of the argument, if I remember rightly.

I shall miss this Marg in the same way I missed the blessed Marg of 10 Downing St. Which is not at all. No. I shall miss her less. I disliked Margo intensely. Did any of yous that eulogise her actually know her? I did. I found her intolerable. May The Goddess take care of her soul. And do with it what is appropriate.

Ahhhh the blessed Crayola with her little black book ... I bet you did find her intolerable - she would have seen right through you lol. I heard Margo speak a couple of times and was lucky enough to have a couple of conversations with her. I admired her commitment and tenacity. She was a great advocate for Independence, people and for plain speaking and the world of Scottish politics and Scottish society will be poorer without her.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    .....but because Margo wanted Independence, nothing less, the leadership was going with the gradualism of devolution and she objected to the dilution of the argument, if I remember rightly.
    Does this mean that the neverendum will be cancelled?

She was a bonny fechter, and fought for things other politicians were feart to tackle. A sad loss to the people and to the parliament of Scotland.

I met her on a number of occasions. She spoke at me. She didn't listen. She was stubborn and rude. Very rude. She knew I didn't like her and I hope the feeling was mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    I met her on a number of occasions. She spoke at me. She didn't listen. She was stubborn and rude. Very rude. She knew I didn't like her and I hope the feeling was mutual.
    Margo was a real person, and real people loved her, who will say that about you?

A light went out on the political scene of this country, an woman with a mind of her own, she will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Margo was a real person, and real people loved her, who will say that about you?
    Oh, that's harsh!

Funny, but harsh :-)

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Oh, that's harshFunny, but harsh :-)
    Harsh it may be Joxville , but true.