Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana Enquiry

Default Diana Enquiry

How many Orgers think there should be an enquiry in the Princess of Wales' death? Do you think it's a good thing or do you think there will always be doubt on what happened that night no matter what the outcome? Do you think it was an accident or a conspiracy?

I think it should be left. I don't think the truth would make any difference. No-one would be sure to believe it anyway. Let the woman rest in peace. And let people hold whatever memories they have of her without it dragging on and on.

It's a legal requirement to have an inquest when a british citizen dies abroad. Maybe if it had been done sooner there wouldn't be so many conspirancy theories.

i dunno, i think that it maybe should be put to rest.
    it was indeed a sad day xxx
    WoRdS ShOuLd Be SiMpLe An VoIcEs SoFt !!!

Default Diana

If it was to bring her back to life and live happily ever after, fine. Failing that, what good would it do? None that I can think of. R.I.P.

think its time this was lost in back pages somewhere...... surely to god enough is enough, don't see anything like this dragging on for normal people,and just thinking of cost of such inquiry gives me blinding headache,and i think them thinking conspiracy theory's have addled brains
    Live life to the full, you only get one chance so make it count
    dont be to happy coz someone sure to shoot you down

Who in their right minds - sits in a car doing in excess of 90mph unsecured?

Princess Diana died because she was not wearing a seatbelt.

The verdict should be "misadventure" (in the absence of a "stupidity" verdict)
    Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.

The very thought of an enquiry just makes me feel tired.

What good will it do?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    It's a legal requirement to have an inquest when a british citizen dies abroad. Maybe if it had been done sooner there wouldn't be so many conspirancy theories.
    There has already been about 3 enquiries - whatever they do isna going to bring them back.

I think it was a conspiracy..................

Quote Originally Posted by dozerboy View Post
    There has already been about 3 enquiries - whatever they do isna going to bring them back.

I think it was a conspiracy..................

this is the inquest like the recent ones for the poor soldiers killed in iraq, the enquiries - well they seem like a waste of time and money

Well I am going to say it for what it is worth, I think there should be an inquest. Anything short of a thorough impartial hearing will be a travesty. Al Fayed won't be satisfied if it doesn't vindicate his suspicions but we can't have everything, that goes without saying. Whether the inquest will be thorough or impartial is a whole different thing, the fact that there is going to be an inquest is only the beginning.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

It won't make the slightest difference to one person, that is certain. It holds about as much interest as hearing the same old fairy story every day for ten years.
    The only thing which has changed is that the story has grown greater in it's fantasy as the years have gone by.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

I think that the inquest should be made public (or has there already been a ruling that it will be? heard something on the news but can't say I was listening). I don't know why the corroner wanted it to be private. I may have it wrong lol.

Whatever the outcome is, whether it was an accident or a conspiracy... it won't bring the People's Princess back. So, no I don't think it'll make much difference at all.

My reason for thinking that the inquest should be public is that she was known as the People's Princess and to many, I'm sure she still is. Many people will want to be kept completely up to date on it all.
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie Campbell View Post
    How many Orgers think there should be an enquiry in the Princess of Wales' death? Do you think it's a good thing or do you think there will always be doubt on what happened that night no matter what the outcome? Do you think it was an accident or a conspiracy?
    Her family accept it was an avoidable accident but an accident never the less and it's about time people left it where it belongs, in the past.
    Nobody thinks about the affect this may have on her children after all they are only human and have feelings like the rest of us.

it certainly was sad the way diana died and i dont think all the enquiery,s in the world will change the fact that had she been wearing a seat belt she[ and dodi] would probably be alive today. her body guard who was in the worst possible seat [ the front passenger] survived. i myself personally think that the whole episode should be left in peace.

Shame to say the least,but have failed to see how that head banger can still go on about all the conspiriciey theories.

I know full and well there are two sides to all views,but a hundred miles an hour accident in these given circumstances seems fairly clear cut to me.

As I started off with, a damm crying shame for all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Her family accept it was an avoidable accident but an accident never the less and it's about time people left it where it belongs, in the past.
    Nobody thinks about the affect this may have on her children after all they are only human and have feelings like the rest of us.
    I agree, it's her children I feel sorry for. Every time her name comes up in the press or there's yet another tv programme, I wonder how the people writing about her would feel if someone kept dredging up stuff about a mother they had loved and lost. Those boys were at a very vulnerable age when she died and it must be a nightmare to have to keep reliving it. Can't believe it's doing Al Fayed any good either - pity he can't let go but I suppose if he really believes his son was murdered then it's hard for him. He should think about what his son would have wanted and I'm sure that's not to see the children of the woman he loved put through this over and over again.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

The one thing which makes the whole idea of the accident having been set up is the fact that it happened in France.

For it to have been an assassination would mean that the French Government, Law Enforcement Agencies and Courts would have to be complicit in a cover-up. I simply cannot think of any advantage France could gain from allowing itself to become involved. In fact I cannot see that any Country would want to put itself in that position.

To risk setting such a thing up in another Country without them being aware would be far too risky because it would be reliant on that the authorities in that Country being so stupid that they would never discover what had been done.

The French might be awkward and self centred but they certainly aren't stupid. For them to allow themselves to become involved would mean they would have everything to lose and absolutely nothing to gain and there is no way the French Public would accept that sort of behaviour.

By holding an Inquest here what we are in effect doing is sitting in judgement on the French Judicial System.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Anagrams removed by request.

Thanks to http://wordsmith.org/anagram/topical.html
    Last edited by j4bberw0ck; 04-Mar-07 at 18:23.

Reply removed in response.
    Last edited by badger; 04-Mar-07 at 21:08. Reason: mutual agreement
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast