Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Facebook news feed.

Default Facebook news feed.

Does anyone else have problems with Facebook? I can no longer view my new feed. Every time I log into Facebook I do not get my news feed. Home page is blank and when I open my notifications just get the circle spinning. I have contacted Fb about the issue as I guess it is only something that can be sorted by their tech support. The same is happening with one of my friends in the app. Words with friends. Spinning circle all the time and the game won't load. Running Windows 8 btw and browser is Google chrome. Had no issues at all with Chrome. Although am getting very pee'd of with Windows 8.

Thanks in advance.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Hello! This is a pretty common issue. It's usually an issue with your specific facebook account and so you did the right thing by contacting their support, but occasionally it's caused by Chrome. The quickest way to check this is to clear the history and cache, here's how:

1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
    2. Select Tools.
    3. Select Clear browsing data.
    4. In the dialogue that appears, select all the tickboxes except for Passwords and Autofill.
    5. Use the menu at the top to select beginning of time to delete everything.
    6. Click Clear browsing data.

Laptop and desktop computer repairs, upgrades & sales
    Call-out service available throughout Caithness or drop off at our office in Thurso
    Tel: 07576 965 508 • www.caithnesscomputers.co.uk • facebook.com/CaithnessComputers

Thanks, but I clear browsing data every time I start chrome and it's still the same.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    Thanks, but I clear browsing data every time I start chrome and it's still the same.
    I imagine it will be an issue with your facebook account then. One quick way to check is ask somebody to log into their account on your computer; if it works it's definitely your account that's at fault, in which case it's a job for facebook support. Sorry it's not the answer you were looking for!

Laptop and desktop computer repairs, upgrades & sales
    Call-out service available throughout Caithness or drop off at our office in Thurso
    Tel: 07576 965 508 • www.caithnesscomputers.co.uk • facebook.com/CaithnessComputers