Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: cruise ship

Default cruise ship

it it just me or did anyone else think that cruise boat came very very close to thurso beach yesterday.

What first springs to mind is that the captain may be a local.

I recall, many moons ago, a large vessel captained by a fellow originally from Dunnet taking his ship into the bay near Brough. From the Scarfskerry shore, it looked enormous.

No doubt, captains need a little bravado to do what they do, but the risk and shame of getting grounded should keep most of them at a safe distance.

The liner will have a local pilot on board, all will have been in hand
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

[QUOTE=David Banks;1076918]What first springs to mind is that the captain may be a local.

I recall, many moons ago, a large vessel captained by a fellow originally from Dunnet taking his ship into the bay near Brough. From the Scarfskerry shore, it looked enormous.

I'm sure he was a Capt MacKenzie who then moved to Wick. When passing through the firth from across the Atlantic he used to take a slight detour passing close by to Wick and sounded his horn.
    Knowledge talks - Wisdom listens

So no chance of a certain Mr. Francesco Schettino's seagoing brother being in charge of it then?
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    So no chance of a certain Mr. Francesco Schettino's seagoing brother being in charge of it then?
    my thoughts exactly