Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Who Should Headline On Friday @ The Big Gig 2007?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Astronot

12 21.05%
  • BossHogg

4 7.02%
  • Colin

8 14.04%
  • Crimson Tide

3 5.26%
  • Duress

5 8.77%
  • Empty Fortune

0 0%
  • High Voltage

3 5.26%
  • Liquid Blue

9 15.79%
  • Nemesis

0 0%
  • On Honre

1 1.75%
  • Plastic Food

9 15.79%
  • Redwall

1 1.75%
  • Sleeping With The Enemy

0 0%
  • The Retrofrets

0 0%
  • Unnamed Band (featuring members of Diesel N Dust)

2 3.51%
  • Waffles

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vote For Friday Headliner

hey i was told my band has a slot on friday, called remand :S though at first we were going to be called bnp.

u prob have redwalls slot since there not a band anymore
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

no redwall are finished but they have a new group soon, and i have a slot open for them.

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    Just another thought. how about people contacting K dragon to vote on myspace or bebo? im sure more folk (especially e yowngsters) have easy access there. plus u can make polls on bebo too.

Also, hows the voting goin to work? I know it sounds too political but say 100 votes are cast, and Colin win with the most votes (say 37) isn't that a tad unfair seeing as 63 people did NOT vote for them. Yes i know, sad, I did pay attention at some point during Higher modern studies in Frankie Temples class when discussing elections etc.
    Majority rules,if someone wins with 37, that doesn't mean 63 don't want them to headline, if Plastic food comes second with 28, that means 72 people didn't vote for them? This is the way voting works, when you vote in local elections, the guy with the most votes wins, you don't need to get over 50% to win with more than two candidates. Back to school young man!

oooR jeeee of the mag us of the a!?!?!

* Strokes Chin which shud really have a beard by now *

Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Proportional representation? Three votes??

Anyway, who really cares at the end of the day, it's getting a bit to complicated for my liking.

tell me about it.

Default Come On Kdragon, Stand Up And Be Counted.

Your the dude that is running this shebang, theres only four bands that have enough nonce to take the final bow or bow or bow, depending on the spelling, eehaa!< sorry had a panic attack on the spelling. Its got to be Duress, Crimson Tide, Boss hogg and Astronot, in what ever order, who gives a toss, these guys have enough power to round off what could prove to be a nervy tic night for yourself, coz some of the bands, and Ive heard the most of them dont have what it takes to round of a night of rock, so stand up young man and dont leave to the mob to decide, coz they dont know didely.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by fingalmacool View Post
    Ive heard the most of them dont have what it takes to round of a night of rock, so stand up young man and dont leave to the mob to decide, coz they dont know didely.
    You've heard.............but don't know. So how can you say that?? how do you know Liquid Blue or High Voltage or Plastic Food aint gonna storm the place??? you don't

& senor dragon started this poll thang & unfortunately the usual thing is happening around it all. Yeesh I'm sure elections are easier than this. Anyway it's been put in the hands of the apparently clueless mob to decide, & decide they will & K Dragon isn't really in a position to turn round & put somebody else should he decide the poll winner is no good

Dragon is 2nd & 3rd place in the poll going according to the bill order?? I.E. the winner headlining & 2nd on the bill etc etc??

Although it seems as if it's going to be a case of "whoever gets all their friends to vote, wins"... it is how it is. K Dragon decided a poll would be for the best and as he's running it, he decides.

It probably ain't the best way to decide, but it's a bit late to change all that now.

Also, how come Entrails ain't playing this year? Have they decided since they headlined last year they can't play again?

Default Meet You Half Way Chobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    You've heard.............but don't know. So how can you say that?? how do you know Liquid Blue or High Voltage or Plastic Food aint gonna storm the place??? you don't

&Dragon is 2nd & 3rd place in the poll going according to the bill order?? I.E. the winner headlining & 2nd on the bill etc etc??
    Must admit havn't heard of High Voltage(acdc fans they must be) and if they can produce half the power as the mentioned then i'm in. Liquid blue are very melodic and easy on the ear, but lack the punch for a barnstorming finish, and then there is Plastic Food, who i must admit I like (but dont tell anybody), but they are an aquired taste, and although I like their originality, they might be too far out there for the local palate. YOU DIG!

Cool

astronot have the headline, because I SAY SO, and at the moment they have most votes. and once again, a simple and what i thought was a FAIR concept has been over analyzed.

astronot have it. sorry to the others in the poll.

but im getting FAR too much slack through PM'S.

so jeid if you could pull the thread if possible.

cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12