Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Oag / Farquhar/ Durrand

Default Oag / Farquhar/ Durrand

When reading posts for Oag/Farquhar, I found that my main line tree has
    Margaret Oag b. 28 sept.1729 Wick, Father William Oag, Margaret married Andrew Durren18 jan. 1754 in Hemprigs,Wick
    Margaret Oag b.1 Sep. 1717, Wick, Father John Oag,
    William Oag b. 23 Aug. 1719, Wick, Father John Oag,
    I assume that John and William could have been brothers,I have two other Oags in my tree.Margaret Oag b.18 Aug 1837, Wick, Father Alexander Oag Mother Ann Oag , Margaret married James Durren 21 Nov. 1856 Pultney Wick,
    Will tag on any more findings

John Oag b. Mar.1725 Father William Oag, John & Margaret b. 1729 siblings.

( message edited by EForbes 23/7/05)

Default Re: Oag / Farquhar/ Durrand

Hi Elizabeth,

I am interested in the Oags in your message as I am researching the Oag's that originated in Caithness. More specifically my own tree but in doing so I have tried to research all Oags as I am sure that back in the mists of time they may have all come from one rootstock.

I think (TBC) that "George Oag b.25 sep.1714, Father John Oag, Married Catherine Corner 6 Nov.1735 ,Wick" may be the generation back from the point I have got stuck! Unfortunately I have not found out any confirmatory evidence of the facts that this George was the one that married Catherine and were the parents of my tree starting with Alexander Oag who married (TBC) Elspet Farquhar and had 10 children that I can confirm by one or more primary sources.

If you have any info about the above I would be most interested and if I can help/reciprocate I would do my best.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Val Oag
    Bedfordshire, England

Default Oag / Farquhar / Durrand

Hi Val,
    Thank you for your interest in my posting, I'm not sure if my info can be of any use to you, but if you care to E-mail me privately I will give you what I have.

Regards

Default Oag/Farquhar

Alexander Oag and Elizabeth (Elspet ) Farquhar are also my ancestors. My ggg grandparents were David Steven and Henrietta Oag . I would be interested in knowing the other 9 siblings of Henrietta.
    Thank you for any info. Georgina