Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: South Angus Survival

Dmitri Guest

Default South Angus Survival

Do you know anythung about an organisation called South Angus Survival?
    They are supposed to be selling land in the Caithness area.

Default Small pieces of land for sale in Caithness and other parts o

The South Angus Survival company and others advertise on the internet selling small pieces of land. The companies doing so often sell a doubtful title. The land in Caithness is of little value being mainly peaty bog areas. The ownership of a few centimetres of land entitles you to nothing in this country. I always advise anyone who wants to help the countryside to make a donation to the John Muir Trust http://www.jmt.org/ rather than buy a small piece of land to get certificate for their living room wall.
    The titles handed out with some sales of land would be laughed at in this country and in fact there arre web sites dealing with the matters of purchased titles. The section on Fake Titles might give you some liinks http://www.caithness.org/links/faketitles.htm
    Look at this web site and decide if you woudl trust it http://www.informedinvestor.ic24.net...Different.html
    There must be something about the American and some European countries mind set as They seem to be targeted by the companies selling these small pieces of land. It is not yet illegal to sell tiny pieces of land but it seems very odd to us here in Caithness.
    There is also the danger that the government might one day decide to sweep away all of the titles to small pieces of land as it would make planning to do anything with the area almost impossible if an area was owned by millions of tiny land owners.
    It would be interesting to know why you would want to buy a few centimetres of land in Scotland. We never hear of such practices in other countries but perhaps it does go on.

Back in the 1970s, Mannfred Mann's Earth Band did a promotion to boost sales of one of their LPs by giving away a square foot of a hillside in Wales with the first so many copies. A friend of mine got one, though I doubt if he ever went to see his "estate". I think the whole thing only totalled one acre.

Radio in the USA currently has a lot of ads for bigger pieces of land, usually somewhere pretty with no possibility of employment nearby!

Dmitri Guest

Thanks for your answers and links.

Why buy land when you can still make a stake for it in some parts of Alaska?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Default Re: Small pieces of land for sale in Caithness and other par

There is also the danger that the government might one day decide to sweep away all of the titles to small pieces of land as it would make planning to do anything with the area almost impossible if an area was owned by millions of tiny land owners.
    LOL. I know this is a serious subject but i just had a vision of Camster moors being overrun by millions of midgets dressed in peaked hats in bright colours all owning just enough land to build a tiny house.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Dmitri Guest

Seem the topic is of interest.
    As for me, the only reason of purchasing a souvenir square foot of Scottish land is to make a kind of unusual and exotic gift to a friend living overseas, for example - in Russia.
    I promise you - it's hardly ever meet Laird of Scotland in Russia (more so - the title isn't in use now), as well as meet an owner of Russian plot in Caithness.
    Sure, your friend will decorate a wall in living room with the lairdship certificate.