Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Default The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Anyone seen this movie yet? I saw it last night. Goes down as one of the most fresh and original films I've seen in many a year. Same goes for the soundtrack - what a gem. Seek it out if you haven't already, folks.

My daughter is both a marine biologist, and a huge fan of Bill Murray. She went with high hopes the day this movie came out, but was really disappointed. She thought it was terrible. She said all the cold fish were the actors. It was by the same people who did The Royal Tennenbaums, which I enjoyed, but it did have kind of an empty, heartless tone about it.

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims
    My daughter is both a marine biologist, and a huge fan of Bill Murray. She went with high hopes the day this movie came out, but was really disappointed. She thought it was terrible. She said all the cold fish were the actors. It was by the same people who did The Royal Tennenbaums, which I enjoyed, but it did have kind of an empty, heartless tone about it.
    In a smug way, I'm kinda glad you mentioned this: the more people like something I like, the more it seems to put me off. My uncle landed on the beaches of Normandy and my trucker pal has covered every road in America. Saying that, the both loved Saving Private Ryan and Smokey And The Bandit, even if both didn't give a true reflection of what their jobs were like. Oh well, fair dues. I loved it.